Cloud and Infrastructure Architect is responsible for proactively and holistically leading or supporting the design, implementation and governance of a portfolio of solutions in accordance with enterprise standards to drive targeted business outcomes.
The Solution Architect will provide the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to the development of the enterprise's solutions architecture ensuring alignment to a defined set of processes and is implemented in reference to the target IT architectural standards.
This individual creates deliverables that help develop a direction for managing the organization's portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions, to better match targeted business outcome.
Infrastructure Architecture aims to research, architect, design and engineer the strategic infrastructure building blocks for TP ICAPs new global Hosting Infrastructure. They work closely with the Operational areas, Security and the vendor community.
The role requires a business minded, highly collaborative, team-focussed individual with exceptional communication skills.Accountabilities
· Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes
· Provide technical leadership across departments; influence technical direction across the organisation ensuring all technology decisions satisfy both commercial and technical requirements.
· Manage and develop the architecture for a broad scope of projects, working closely with delivery teams that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
· Delivery of IT infrastructure and cloud strategies, reference architectures, product selection, product standards and design patterns
· Lead analysis of the current IT environment and recommend opportunities for improvement
- Maintain expertise on infrastructure technology developments and trends
- Participate in design review and approval process (ADB) to ensure designs meet the project requirements, applicable risks are considered, and that strategies and standards are adhered to
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Understand technology trends and recommend technology innovations which anticipate the future direction of the business, its drivers and technology strategy.
- Review and ensure major architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible, and in line with the strategic direction of the business.
- Influence the adoption and use of new techniques and technical practices and advocates continuous improvement.
- Support, communicate and align technical skill development within the organisation.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
· Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project management office to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised
· Minimum of ten years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, Cloud management, database management or IT operations
· Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
· Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
· Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
· Experience of designing and delivering service-based architecture and display a sound understanding of architectural and design principles
· Background of working in a financial or trading organisation (Optional) Technical Skills
· Strong broad knowledge in architecture across a broad range of infrastructure domains
· Cloud Systems and management
· Core operating systems (Windows, Linux)
· Automation tooling and scripting
· System Management tooling
· Backup and Storage Platforms
· Server and storage hardware
· Organizationally savvy, with a good understanding of the enterprise's political climate and how to navigate, influence key stakeholders.
· Ability to communicate, influence and persuade peers
· Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
· Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements
· Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
· Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems
· Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
· Proven ability to work well with others
· Works well under pressure, operating autonomously or as part of a team
· Good analytical ability.
· Exhibits sound problems solving skills, use of initiative and strong organisational skills
· Personable and engaging
· Communicates effectively and efficiently to internal and external stakeholders
· Build relationships and networks with both internally and externally wherever possible
· Demonstrates strong customer focus
· Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others
· Constructively handles disagreements to reach a resolution
· Ability to work with diverse groups/ personalities
· Open to innovative ideas/ experiences and ability to create new ideas, approaches or insights
· Seeks opportunities for improvements
· Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity
Dynamic & Competitive
· Demonstrates high levels of energy in seeking out and achieving new goals
· Goes that "extra mile"
· Is a self-starter
· Shows evidence of being comfortable working in fast paced or pressured environments
· Enjoys a challenge and is able to escalate
· Does not give up easily
Open & Communicative
· Adapts communication style to suit audience
· Projects personal credibility
· Interacts confidently without being overbearing
· Ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment
· Keeps emotions under control in difficult situations
· Handles criticism constructively
· Able to demonstrate honesty, integrity and professionalism
· Promotes loyalty to TP ICAP and its principles
· Works ethically and shows respect for both professional and company values
· Excellent attention to detail, highly organised with a proactive approach
· Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills