Senior Theatre Practitioner - Scrub NurseBupa Cromwell Hospital, Kensington, London£40,223 - £46,927Full Time, permanent, 37.5 hours per weekOn-call
We are excited to announce that due to expansion of our theatres, we have a wonderful opportunity for a Senior Scrub Nurse at the prestigious Bupa Cromwell Hospital.
We're an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we're committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We're one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.What you'll be doing
The successful candidate:
- As a Senior Theatre Practitioner, you will be responsible for providing skilled clinical and technical assistance as a member of the operating theatre team.
- Participate in the assessment of patient care needs and implement and maintain agreed standards of care. Here at Bupa Cromwell Hospital we cover 12 surgical specialties including complex procedures such as live organ transplants, heart surgeries and neurosurgery.
- Assist in the positioning and preparation of patients as directed by the surgical team and ensure that any specimens are correctly labelled and dispatched to the laboratory.
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
- Deliver immediate post-operative care and initial emergency care as required.
- Participate in induction and orientation programmes for new staff to ensure a welcoming environment.
- Assist the team leaders in the Personal Development Plans of junior staff.
- Take charge of the clinical area in the absence of an advanced practitioner, ensuring the safety of patients, visitors and staff.
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator.
- Create and maintain legible and accurate records of care in accordance with BUPA and the Cromwell Hospitals' local policies and procedures.
- Assist in the management and organisation of the operating theatre(s).
- Ensure the accurate collection of data in relation to theatre activity.
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- NMC Registered Nurse (Adult and/or Children) with a minimum of 2 years' experience.
- Alternatively, HCPC registered with a Diploma or Degree in Health Care Studies / ODP Level 3 NVQ / ODA 752.
- Experience of working within an acute hospital setting.
- Flexibility to take part in on-call rotas and rostered weekend duties.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
We're an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone - all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
To view our fantastic range of employee benefits, please visit https://careers.bupa.co.uk/our-roles/nurses/cromwell-hospital/
To be part of this highly supportive and passionate team, please submit your CV or contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter at Bupa, on 07714 073450 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.