Finance Manager - HealthTech
£50-£55K + bonus potential
Russell Tobin in London are keen to speak with recently qualified Chartered Accountants with 0-2 years PQE, looking to move to an expanding Tech Start-up.
Our client is a growing VC backed business in the growing Health Technology sector. They have a robust business model catering to a wide demographic. After closing a recent funding round they are looking to hire a Finance Manager to help bring the outsourced finance function in house.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant (with 0-2 years PQE) looking for a step up in scope and responsibility with strong potential to progress as the company grows.
The ideal profile will be someone super bright, efficient & hardworking, equally comfortable getting their hands dirty whilst keeping an eye on the bigger picture.
The role will be responsible for setting up the internal finance function for the business - from setting up automated transactional processes through to creating the management accounting, statutory reporting and budgeting and forecasting process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working alongside the CFO and taking responsibility for setting up the monthly
management accounting, transactional finance and statutory reporting,
- Implementing AP, AR, Invoicing and Cash Management to flow into reporting,
- Liaising with third party accountants, payroll providers, and tax advisers,
- Working with department heads to help them set and review their performance
vs. budget and resource allocation,
- Setting up and managing commission structures with both sales and external
- Helping to understand new markets and products, setting up the necessary
financial and legal structures as and when they launch,
- Implementing new systems and tools to help us innovate, automate and stay
ahead of the growth curve.
Who are you?
- A health enthusiast
- You are CIMA/ACCA/ACA post-qualified accountant (0-2 years) with strong
academics (first time passes & 2:1 or higher university degree; Big 4 background
- Firm understanding of transactional finance
- Previous exposure to month-end close process
- Proven track record of process improvement and control implementation
- Start-up & Xero experience both pluses
- You've also got great attention to detail