Sitting within our Risk Control department and reporting to the Contracts Manager, the Contracts Analyst will be responsible for controlling all relevant paperwork relating to trades and will provide key commercial advice across their remit. This is a 12-month FTC opportunity.Responsibilities
- Creating sale contracts for physical oil deals.
- Reviewing incoming contracts and respond to them in a timely manner.
- Prompt resolution of any deal entry discrepancies.
- Providing paralegal support / advice to traders & operators on contractual queries and any operational problems that occur.
- Provide pre-deal Commercial Advice to traders, operators & business development as necessary ensuring optimum terms are negotiated
- Understanding the compliance issues / critical controls affecting relevant trades and reporting potential problems.
- Confirming all paper trades from counterparties and brokers; issuing paper documentation to counterparties.
- Taking responsibility for controlling all relevant paperwork relating to trades which fall within given remit, including preparation of outward and review of inward contracts, as well as ensuring compliance by traders with all control requirements relating to deal entry and authorisation of trade documentation.
- Possess a degree in Finance/ Commercial/Mathematics or equivalent
- Proven relevant experience within an Oil Trading company
- Possess a strong paralegal background
- Will need to be able to work quickly and accurately on a large volume of work with prompt deadlines
- Should be confident working with complex documentation and any previous contractual or trading background may be advantageous
- Teamwork Skills - ability to work with others to accomplish group goals and implement process changes. Demonstrated teamwork inside and outside immediate area of responsibility
- Communication Skills - initiates communications within the team to learn and share knowledge and follows up to ensure message is received. Ability to communicate well with front, mid and back office personnel as well as Senior levels of management. Listens attentively, seeks to understand others viewpoints, and tests for understanding.
- Organization Skills -ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Experience with managing daily/monthly/quarterly duties with on-going projects and communicating the status of assignments.
- Developmental Skills - ability to develop oneself and others, to develop and evolve Risk Management processes and reports.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.