About the Institute
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change we are dedicated to making globalisation work for the many, not the few. We do this by helping countries, their people and their governments, address some of the most difficult challenges in the world today - beginning with those where we think we can break new ground, offering leaders new thinking and new approaches. Our staff - over 200 of them, based all over the world - are working on some of the most intractable problems around issues of co-existence, governance, the peace process in the Middle East and renewing the centre.Focus of the Role
With an exciting agenda in place, the Institute aims to strengthen its fundraising operation so that it can support its ongoing development, growth and expanding influence. We are looking to recruit a Development Operations Manager to join our small and dynamic team to support this effort. As a member of the Institute, you will be joining an international staff community of c.200 people, based in 4 continents.
TBI is looking for a dynamic and experienced Programme Manager who will be responsible for supporting a strong fundraising operation at the Institute. With strong foundations in place, the successful candidate will provide critical operations support to a high performing fundraising department in a fast-paced environment. If you are looking for a challenging, fun and exciting opportunity with plenty of room for growth, this role is for you.
The Development Operations Manager will be responsible for managing and optimising organisational fundraising processes to increase funding revenue. The successful candidate will work closely with the fundraising team, internal stakeholders to leadership level and external stakeholders including, board members, donors, partners, consultants and advisors. The person we seek to hire should possess exemplary management and communication skills, outstanding attention to detail, eagerness to excel in all responsibilities listed below, and capability to grow their role at the Tony Blair Institute.
With strong interpersonal and organisational skills, the winning candidate will implement existing systems to ensure continuity of fundraising performance and coordination across the wider Institute fundraising activity. The role will be key to ensuring the fundraising team can play its oversight function as well as lead on strategy and implementation. Successful candidates will be natural collaborators, problem-solvers and experienced in playing a support role whilst driving initiatives forward. Key Responsibilities:
- Managing all operational aspects of the Fundraising and Donor Relations team.
- Overseeing systems for prospecting, donor intelligence, pipeline development, financial management across all income streams.
- Tracking proposals and other fundraising outputs to ensure that necessary internal and external deadlines are met for fundraising purposes.
- Deliver cross-team coordination and communication systems to support the fundraising team's oversight role and in enabling strategy development and implementation.
- Creating and tailoring reports into formats appropriate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with the Stakeholder Manager on the department's CRM system improvements as well as identifying and championing various tech solutions that support fundraising goals.
- Work with Director P& BD to manage collaboration with the Finance team on monthly and annual revenue projections, income coordination and related issues.
- Work with others to implement gift and award management systems across UK and US departments including tracking of donor commitments and award compliance.
- Provide support and input to policy and programme teams on fundraising initiatives including events, developing marketing materials and other activities.
- Undertake other responsibilities as requested by the Director of Philanthropy and Business Development including analysis, policy development, HR and team finances.
Preference is for this role to be based in London. QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably demonstrating strong writing and communication skills
- Master's Degree and/or project management qualification is desirable
- A minimum of three years of programme management in fundraising or customer services context
- Background in implementing business processes is essential
- Evidence of improving performance through systems and processes that deliver results
- Experience and knowledge of fundraising operations is desirable
- Proven ability to analyse, interpret and communicate complex and fast-moving management information to senior stakeholders
- Experience of the management of and reporting on data, and a background in the strategic application of relationship databases
- Experience in start-up environment, think-tank or Higher Education context desirable
- Knowledge of charity law (U.S. or U.K.), tax efficient giving and experience of working with senior stakeholders is desirable
- Experience of or interest in policy research or development programmes will be advantageous
· Knowledge of the donor landscape, including philanthropy networks in the U.S. or bi-lateral/multi-lateral agencies; desirableCOMPETENCIES & SKILLS
values we look for:
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure and manage multiple tasks and competing priorities is essential
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving attitude, and ability to work both independently and as a collaborative team player
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Systematic and methodical with strong organisational and operational skills.
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, researching and editing skills essential
- Excellent diplomacy, discretion and ability to engage with individuals at all levels is essential
- Strong IT skills and ability to learn new systems easily including Office 365, welcome
- Someone who is optimistic, enthusiastic, vigilant and flexible would thrive in this role
- Flexible working style and ability to work across various donor categories or learn quickly
- Ability to meet U.K. or U.S. right to work legislation as appropriate
- Experience in CRM and Database management is essential (e.g. Salesforce, Raisers Edge, Dynamics or SharePoint)
· COURAGE... because to tackle global challenges, we must innovate and take smart risks
· COLLABORATION... because when we work together and with external partners, we can overcome even the largest problems
· COMPASSION ... because our work is ultimately about improving people's lives