Java Software Engineer
We are currently recruiting a Java Software Engineer for a fast-growing technology company serving innovative Software solutions to government bodies globally aimed at better addressing public safety. They are looking for an individual who will be ideally a full-stack Java developer (will consider front- or back-end) and have a passion for Agile methodologies. You will work on an innovative, world-first project along with developers with deep domain expertise. The role will be part of a large-scale team of developers who will be creating the world's first integrated, self-service platform for probation and prison user services. Who You Are:
- Computer Science or Software Engineering-related education at bachelors/masters/PhD level.
- Expert in Java development and in particularly the challenges with API integration across platforms in a full-stack environment.
- Familiar with and passionate about Agile methodologies (TDD, CI, Scrum, etc.)
- Public sector experience will be highly desirable but not essential.
- Other development skills/technologies around the Microsoft stack (.NET / C#) will be highly desirable.
- Thrive in a collaborative, discussion-led democratic environment where you will liaise with Business Analysts on User stories and specifications in a highly complex environment.
You will be responsible for software development around the prioritised feature specifications agreed by the respective government stakeholders and the BA team. You will be working with some of the leading experts in Prison and Probation software solutions. Read the company description to get a sense of the purpose of this organisation and if you're interested in joining a fast-growing company that has also won the Queen's Award for Technology innovation, please feel free to apply.