HomeServe's purpose is to make the notoriously difficult process of home improvement, repairs, and emergencies simple & easy.
Here at HomeServeNow, we're changing the way people find trades. We're a startup within the wider business and our vision is to reinvent how homeowners find reliable, rated, and affordable tradespeople for all repairs or emergencies. We're out to build a new efficient operating model by creating a marketplace platform that will revolutionize an industry!
As a Senior Engineer here at HomeServeNow, you'll be helping us to scale across the UK as part of our newly formed, impactful Technology Team.
What we're looking for:
- You have at least 3 years of experience in engineering (ideally with NodeJS and ReactJS) and end-to-end product delivery.
- Proficient in NodeJS run-time
- You've worked with distributed version control systems such as Git or Mercurial, and loved them
- API development using Express.js backed by NoSQL database
- Exposure to AWS and Serverless/Lambda is a bonus
- You are able to balance advocating for the perfect technical solution versus culminating a simpler/quicker way to immediately impact the business forward product development
- You have a product-oriented, customer-focused emphasis on rapid delivery of value to production.
- Experience in a market place product is a bonus
- Experience in insurance-based domain is a bonus
You'll have the opportunity to work on a unique Greenfield Project in a fantastic start-up environment which has the backing and stability of a nationwide, household name. You'll have the ability to mentor other engineers and encourage best practices and with no legacy code in place, you'll have the license to be creative and genuinely make a huge amount of impact!