We are looking to expand our Signature Team in the UK, working on high profile infrastructure projects such as Crossrail and HS2, with the appointment of a Senior Highways Design Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a range of experience within the Civil Engineering/Transportation/Infrastructure sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Civil/Highways Engineer to further their career in a highly motivated and inspirational environment.Main Duties:
- Act as design production lead of work packages
- Lead technical excellence in delivery of designs
- Deliver of technically sound solutions are produced meeting client specifications, including all associated reporting and cost estimating, to programme and within budget.
- Provide technical guidance to engineers, graduates
- Develop innovative solutions to design problems
- Responsible for mentoring and development of staff
- Responsible for the allocation of work to designers including utilisation
- Collaborate with international technical design teams in the delivery of designs.
- Responsible for the production of all design to resolve client challenges
- Responsible for the delivery of CDM and design compliances
- You will hold a Batchelor's degree in civil engineering (or other relevant subject area)
- Chartered Engineer (MIHT or MICE)
- You must have proven experience working in a design environment on a range of civil engineering infrastructure projects that could include, highways, drainage, developments, rail or civil infrastructure
- You will have experience of Smart Motorway design
- Experience of using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience of OpenRoads Design Software
- You will have excellent communication skills
In return, we offer a very competitive salary with a comprehensive and attractive benefits package with opportunities for flexible working and career development.
SYSTRA is an award winning multi-disciplinary solutions business with extensive engineering capabilities and specialist expertise in transportation and energy industries. SYSTRA has a global workforce in excess of 7,000. We work in partnership with our clients to develop and deliver high quality, innovative technical solutions for major infrastructure projects in the UK and globally.
SYSTRA offers our people the opportunity to work on exciting and rewarding projects. We provide long-term career development opportunities and support our staff to enable them to reach their full potential. We offer flexible working and a competitive remuneration package including a bonus scheme. We provide a warm welcome and encourage applications from a diverse range of people who can enrich our company.
Please note, we do have a preferred supplier list for the provision of recruitment services and we will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL