Our client, a global aerospace company, are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Technical Specialist to join their team in Brighton. They will be responsible for designing and executing technical test plans for various products before release. The Quality Assurance (QA) will assist in creating process documentation, monitoring the performance of existing processes and recommending improvements to those processes where necessary. They will be responsible for following existing testing procedures, updating the online task management system and escalating any issues to the relevant manager or team lead. They will also assist with the management and deployment of the customer UAT device network when required, including kiosks, handhelds and other devices.
Quality Assurance (QA) Technical Specialist Responsibilities:
- Configure and execute NUnit Integration Tests against internal APIs, using Visual Studio 2019 and accurately recording their outcomes and performance.
- Perform manual test in line with existing technical test plans for internal applications.
- Configure and Run Postman/SoapUI Connection Tests against Third Party External REST/SOAP APIs.
- Communicate Test Results via XML Output exported from Visual Studio 2019, including Stack Trace analysis where required.
- Working with the development team to create new technical test plans when needed to ensure the maximum possible test coverage.
- Work with the business analysts to ensure all submitted development and testing requirements meet the expected standards.
- Update existing process documentation and create new documentation where necessary.
- Work with the Manager on improvements to the QA framework.
- Assist with the implementation of new workflow processes that impact the QA team.
- Keep the departmental work management system up to date with all relevant information requested by the Manager.
- Attending bi-yearly reviews with the Manager to be used as supporting evidence for individual reviews carried out by the Company.
- Have a good working knowledge of all products and test plans used by the Department.
- Helping identify processes that would significantly benefit from further development work and defining potential actions.
- Monitoring performance of the test plans, as well as assisting in planning of related improvements.
The role is based in Brighton and the site is close to the train station. On offer is a competitive salary, generous benefits package and supportive team.
Quality Assurance (QA) Technical Specialist Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of software QA methodologies and processes
- Excellent communication skills required to document and report on defects and other software issues
- Good knowledge of NUnit, Postman and SOAP UI tools
- Good Knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio testing and debugging processes
- Strong problem-solving ability
- A logical and methodical approach to managing workflow
- The ability to learn new process's and tools quickly and effectively
- A customer focused attitude and a commitment to delivering industry leading products
Quality Assurance (QA) Desirables:
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience in airport operations
- Experience customer facing role
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the Planet Forward website