Meridian Life Science (MLS) is a division of Meridian Bioscience, with sites in Memphis, London, Berlin and Sydney. We have a vacancy for a UK-based Procurement Specialist with global responsibilities. International travel will be required.
We are looking for an astute and experienced Procurement Specialist to be responsible for driving best practice in all procurement activity within MLS with the objectives of delivering the highest level of sales, customer service, quality and profitability through optimising vendor relationships.
This role will interact with all departments and sites, across MLS globally, to ensure that our vendors are managed to deliver current and future supply requirements while maximising cost efficiency for MLS.Responsibilities May Include
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Developing a purchasing strategy, based on procurement best practice, to ensure current and future vendor relationships are ideal to deliver the company's goals
- Oversee and drive best practice in all activities relating to purchasing in MLS
- Review and approve all current and future vendor contracts. Ensure that these reflect the company's requirements in terms of quality, cost, delivery and improvement.
- Identify and implement vendor consolidation, where appropriate, across MLS sites
- Ensure effective inventory levels in MLS for all purchased items
- Develop and enforce procurement policies and control systems to ensure a high level of corporate compliance and discipline in purchasing activities across MLS
- Lead division-wide cost reduction project to achieve $1M+ annual saving
- Develop, maintain and utilise vendor scorecards to manage supplier performance and improvement activity
- Collaborate with R&D and Sales to identify future trends and align suppliers to meet these
Education and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Confidence in using a PC and MS Office, especially Excel
- Strong communication and tenacity
- Good knowledge of world-class procurement processes and practices
- Ability to work on an international team and under pressure, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Flexibility in working hours may be required
- Successful candidate will have an analytical mind and be up to date with product and process trends. Ultimately, the successful person will be able to negotiate well and ensure that all purchasing activity supports the company goals.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject required
- 5-7 years' experience or equivalent in purchasing within life sciences, pharmaceutical or similar industry required
- CIPs qualified desired
- In-depth knowledge of Infor XA or similar ERP operating systems desired