Overall Purpose of Role:
To maintain the compliance program, with particular emphasis on AML compliance, for the LME Group reporting into the Head of Regulatory Compliance.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract position. Responsibities:
PERSON SPECIFICATION:Academic and Professional Qualifications Required:
- Further develop and enhance the enterprise-wide compliance framework and actively monitor and maintain LME's and LME Clear's compliance with its regulatory requirements
- Manage the LME Group's day-to-day approach to compliance with AML requirements, supporting the MLROs and providing advice and guidance to Market Access and other functions with onboarding/due diligence matters, including through review of processes and procedures and focussed training.
- Complete the LME Group's annual Financial Crime and Tax Evasion Risk Assessment and remediation of findings.
- Operate the formal program of internal compliance testing to ensure adherence to compliance requirements and undertake the testing as required.
- Ensure that potential issues identified through compliance testing are investigated and reported, with mitigation plans put in place for timely resolution.
- Manage the LME Group's "all staff" training and communication program, maintaining a dynamic approach to the adoption of new styles/content as regulatory expectations change.
- Ensure the consistency of the LME/LME Clear compliance programme with Group compliance policies and procedures
- Formulate, deliver and review the LME's/LME Clear's compliance policies in accordance with regulatory and legal obligations
- Work closely and cooperatively with the business, to ensure that all business, operational and technology areas of the LME/LME Clear have a clear understanding and ownership of their compliance obligations
- Assist in developing and enhancing the business in a legally-compliant manner
- Provide support for the business on compliance obligations as necessary
- Work closely with HKEx (parent company) compliance team and other HKEx teams as necessary, to ensure that policies and processes are aligned, are not duplicative, and are streamlined to be as business-friendly as possible across LME and LME Clear.
- Act as substitute for Head of Regulatory Compliance when required.
Required Knowledge and Level of Experience:
- Degree Education essential
Skills Required for Role:
- Good Level experience of working in compliance within Financial Services
- Knowledge of and practical experience of existing UK compliance requirements is essential, especially around testing of controls and procedures.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with other relevant legislation, e.g. money laundering, anti-bribery, whistleblowing is essential
- Knowledge and practical experience of REC (FCA Handbook in relation to RIEs) and EMIR (in relation to CCPs) is not essential but highly desirable
- Practical and methodical with an analytical mind-set
- Excellent communication (including written communication) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and implement improvements in the department's processes
- Ability to tailor messaging to different audiences at all levels of seniority
- Ability to interpret and solve complex problems
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team and to be able to prioritize work and to manage expectations
- Ability to manage and mentor junior members of the team and encourage good practice generally
- Ability to manage a number of different matters simultaneously
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail and reasoned judgment at all time
- Able to get on with colleagues and inspire confidence