Healthcare Analyst - Neurology
GlobalData is a leading data and analytics company, serving an extensive list of blue chip clients across a number of industries globally. For the Healthcare sector, we provide comprehensive, timely and accurate research reports and datasets, supporting cutting edge industry analysis and strategic planning.
Our Healthcare Analysts provide key intelligence and insight, enabling our clients to make effective decisions for their businesses. From customised client projects to keeping our syndicated data sets up to date, our analysts across the business cover the full Healthcare sector including medical devices and pharmaceuticals, clinical trials, and a range of therapeutic areas and themes. Our analysts are responsible for maintaining data quality, overseeing and implementing processes for data collection, monitoring data from external sources, and using their expert analysis to create leading industry insight. Why GlobalData?
It's simple, we pride ourselves on investing in people, products and progress, creating a culture where every colleague can succeed.
Our business is fast-paced, growing, and ambitious, offering our people outstanding opportunities to develop and play a real part in our success story. In the same way we listen to clients to continually improve our products, we listen to our people and involve them to create a vibrant, unique and stimulating work environment.
We enjoy celebrating success, networking across teams and inspiring our people to get involved, through conferences, awards ceremonies, forums, social events and more.
It's our people, products and progress that set us apart - apply now for your chance to be part of something special.Global Data's Neurology team is looking for an individual who has the interest, experience, and passion for research within the healthcare sector.
This position directly contributes to the high quality business intelligence that GlobalData provides, and will involve conducting a range of investigative, assessment, and forecasting activities for the healthcare sector through secondary research, as well as primary market research consisting of phone interviews and surveys with key opinion leaders (KOLs), industry experts, and high-prescribing physicians globally. What you will do:
What you will bring to the table:
- Contribute to the scope and direction of high-quality market analysis deliverables in the healthcare portfolio
- Support development of the pharmaceutical syndicated research platform
- Write in-depth market research reports and timely articles on current market events
- Analyse the Neurology market from a strategic perspective
- Assess and forecast the market opportunity for agents in clinical development
- Represent the company at client presentations, conferences and with the media
- Interact directly with pharmaceutical clients to address client enquiries
- Advanced degree (M.S., M.P.H., PharmD, M.D. or Ph.D.) in the life sciences or a related field
- Fast Learner - able to understand new ideas and concepts quickly
- Work experience in the healthcare industry or a syndicated reports publishing company is not essential, but would be an advantage
- Research and/or work experience in the Neurology space is not essential, but also would be an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong secondary research skills, especially a familiarity with scientific literature and internet searches
- Comfort in dealing with numbers and working in Excel extensively