About the role:
gateretail are looking to recruit a Senior VAT Compliance Manager to manage and maintain a high level of compliance in relation to VAT and excise duty. In the role, you will be part of the preparation of the accounts of gateretail and , managing the VAT reconciliation during month-end closing. You will continuously carry out quality control checks and implementing projects to improve the way VAT compliance is maintained as well as maintaining system setups for VAT functionality.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage VAT and excise duty compliance
- Handle VAT and excise duty related topics
- VAT reconciliations
- VAT analysis to budgets and forecasts
- Balance sheet reconciliation - developing and completing reconciliations to meet the needs of the business
- Quality checking VAT compliance
- Project management for improved VAT compliance
- System setup and ownership from a VAT perspective
VAT and Excise Duty
- Liaison with external auditors regarding normal audits in general and potential tax audits in particular
Qualifications and Experience:Education:
- Maintaining and developing adequate registering for Gateretail for VAT in 25+ countries, identifying possible new registrations as new contracts arise. Submitting and making payment for VAT returns within strict deadlines each month. Responsible for dealing with VAT and ED compliance issues. Owning and updating TS4/TS5/SAP and other systems with VAT rules and VAT rates as well as continuously checking they are correctly maintained.
- Be up to date on current VAT and excise duty regulations and changes to apply this in the business
- Investigating potential savings that can be made in VAT.
- Identifying and implement ways to improve efficiency in VAT compliance work.
- Be proactive within VAT and excise duty compliance and take appropriate initiative and action.
- Identify and mitigate VAT risks in the business set-up / calculate and manage VAT provisions as necessary
- Be VAT/ED speaking partner internally/externally for business related VAT/ED questions.
- Liaising with fiscal representatives, VAT advisors to ensure all VAT compliance is undertaken efficiently both in terms of cost and time.
- Preparing the calculations for Intrastat reporting. This includes liaising with suppliers and other departments in Gateretail to ensure all information is correct and complete.
- University degree educated, preferably in Finance or a related field
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification is desirable
- Relevant experience in accounting and proven European VAT and excise duty management experience in commercial environment
- Previous experience in a management role in VAT compliance function
(Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Proactive and flexible attitude with sound analytical & problem-solving skills with the ability to understand processes and systems
- Ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders and partners at all levels,
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English. Other European language skills will be a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales, prioritising as appropriate
- Self-motivated, resilient, results focused and action oriented and able to work in various cultures and environments
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office applications, advanced Excel desirable