- Base - home based
- Salary - c£31,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
- Closing Date - 21st September, however we reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier if suitable candidates are identified
- First stage interviews will be held on 29th/30th September with subsequent stages on 6th/7th October.
The CMI works with business and education to inspire people to unleash their potential and become skilled, confident and successful managers and leaders. In fact, CMI has more than 60,000 people training to be better leaders right now across our partnership network in the UK and internationally.
Backed by a unique Royal Charter, CMI is the only organisation able to award Chartered Manager status - the ultimate management accolade, which is proven to boost individuals' career prospects, management capability and impact in the workplace.
CMI's thought leadership, research, events and online resources provide practical insight about critical issues for its 100,000 plus members and any professional looking to improve their results; create diverse high-performing teams and nurture the next generation of managers and leaders. #BetterManagers. We have a fantastic opportunity for a new Awarding Body Training and Development Manager to join our Awarding Body team.
As an Awarding Body, CMI works with partners within the UK and overseas and this role will focus on delivering the training to support qualification delivery and End Point Assessments (EPA). As an Awarding Body Training and Development Manager
, you will be joining an existing quality assurance team responsible for the
support and quality assurance for our network of existing and new partners that include Education providers and employers from a range of sectors. You will be working with CMI contractors on the delivery of CMI assessment, moderation standardisation and End Point Assessments. Your key relationships
Who are we looking for?
- Quality Manager Team
- EPA team
- Awarding Body support team
- Remote Contractors
- Head of Awarding Body
- Our Partners and Centres
- Relationship & Engagement Managers
- Customer services team
- You will have experience in quality monitoring and control, or risk management
- Someone who has an in-depth understanding of the role of an Awarding Body & End Point Assessment Organisation
- Knowledge of the role of the Regulatory Authorities in qualifications/EPA IfATE, ESFA Ofqual quality and monitoring
- You will bring experience of working within an education, training, development and/or assessment environment and the ability to performance manage individuals and support continuous improvement
- An engaging communicator with experience of creating and maintaining high quality customer relationships both internal and external
- Experience managing remote teams or contractors
- You will be experienced working on, and leading projects to tight deadlines within budgetary constraints.
- You will have a keen eye for detail with a genuine enthusiasm about education and maintaining standards
- You will be tech savvy with experience using both Microsoft and GSuite
- You will have experience of developing and delivering training remotely via video/webinar/podcast.
- A calm and unflustered approach with ability to utilise technology to optimise remote engagement tools with our partners.
- As this is a remote based role, you will hold a full driving licence and be able to attend meetings nationally across the UK. You will also be able to work away from home or overnight and attend evening events on occasion as required.
- Knowledge of CMI
- Master's Degree or comparable qualification in Management & Leadership or prepared to work towards a Level 7 CMI qualification
- Internal Quality Assurance qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working within regulatory frameworks, preferably within a qualifications audit and/or compliance role
- Experience of working with current apprenticeship standards and EPA delivery
- Experience of working with CMI qualifications
- Experience of working within strategic partnerships
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulations governing qualifications in the UK
- Open to some international travel.
Coming to work at CMI not only means joining a dynamic and ambitious organisation, it also means collaborating and sharing a passion for our mission. We know the importance of fresh ideas and encourage new perspectives.
We are a not for profit, Sunday Times top 100 employer offering an engaging, flexible and collaborative culture with a wealth of opportunity for professional development. Not forgetting our dog friendly offices! Some of our competitive benefits include 32 1/2 days' holiday, flexible approach to working, CMI membership, healthcare cash plan and stakeholder pension scheme to name a few!
As part of our recruitment process, we will share information relevant to your application, including your name, current role, CV and other data you may have provided us with, with internal hiring managers. We will use this data for the purpose of recruitment only. We may also access your publically available profiles (eg Linkedin) to support your application.
Once the vacancy has been filled, your data will be retained for 4 weeks, after which your data will be destroyed, unless we contact you to request otherwise.
By submitting an application for a vacancy with CMI you are agreeing for your data to be shared in this way
W e regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every application. If you do not hear from us by the interview date above, please accept that we have decided not to take your application further on this occasion but thank you for your interest in working for the CMI.