Our client is a technology giant, investing billions into the UK technology space. Their research centre in Edinburgh has a requirement for Research Engineers in the field of Geospatial data analysis or positioning algorithms.
The team is systems-focused researching areas included designing and implementing INS (Inertial Navigation Systems), SLAM (Simultaneous Localisation and Mapping) or Machine Learning (Unsupervised/Reinforcement).
They are specifically looking to recruit people who have skills in positioning and navigation technologies. What are the key responsibilities in this Visual-Inertial Navigation Systems Researcher?
What are the required skills in this Visual-Inertial Navigation Systems Researcher?
- Systems research and empirical science on GNSS alternative navigation systems for vehicle and pedestrian.
- Geospatial data analysis utilising features recognition, clustering, classification and dimensionality reduction in a multi-dimensional trajectory.
- Support the development of key technical components for the next generation positioning and navigation sytems on products.
- Build the overal competence of research and devopment of inertial navigation solutions.
- Unleash the full potential of geospatial data in consumer frameworks for consumer devices.
- Realise and procure innovations for the future development of positioning and navigation technologies.
The successful candidates will have good positioning or GeoSpatial related research experience or participated in the implementation of sensor fusion navigation or systems of a similar low-level nature.
- Researching/engineering experience in at least one of the following: INS/PDR, SLAM, Geospatial data analysis or Machine Learning.
- Excellent systems programming skills, willing to adopt new languages to suit the problem domain.
- Ability to pick up and progress new cutting-edge technologies.
- Engineer candidates should have solid engineering skills and understanding of our research areas.
- Researcher candidates should have a good publication record in related areas.
- PhD in positioning systems, robotics or machine learning; alternatively a comparable industry career, with significant experience on delivering products using state-of-the-art computer vision, machine learning and robotics technologies
By applying to this role you understand that we may collect your personal data and store and process it on our systems. For more information please see our Privacy Notice (https://eu-recruit.com/about-us/privacy-notice/)