Position: Product Development EngineerLocation:
£25K - £40K depending on ExperienceOverview
A Product Development Engineer
is required for an innovative manufacturer of consumer electronics and conductive coatings.The role of Product Development Engineer will include, but not limited to:
The successful candidate for this role of Product Development Engineer is required to possess the following skills and experiences:
- Working with existing projects through testing, engineering change and launch.
- Create a technology roadmap by conceptualising new innovative ways to harness the company's unique engineering capability.
- Prioritise projects using the principles of a stage gate process.
- Get hands-on with the products by creating prototype mock-ups of solutions to prove the concept works.
- Research existing products and think how they could be improved using the technology.
- Be creative, thinking outside the box to conceptualise lots of new ideas.
- Confidently pitch ideas to the business and do not be afraid to close projects down if the stage gate process deems it unviable.
This is a particularly exciting position which is only limited by one's imagination and creativity. If you feel you have the attitude and skills to fulfil this position, then please click on the link to apply, or contact Richard Heaton (firstname.lastname@example.org), Managing Consultant at Cartisian Technical Recruitment on 0121 295 1610
- Hands on engineer, ideally with some electronics either through academia, hobbies or time served.
- Someone who enjoys tinkering with electronics such as Arduino would be a good fit, although the role may not have extensive hardware engineering requirements.
- Understanding how electronics work would be advantageous.
- Technical qualification in electronic engineering or mechanical engineering is highly desirable.
- Highly organised preferably with a Prince2 qualification or similar hands on experience.
- Passionate about product improvement, inventions, how things work and applying this passion and enthusiasm to deliver what could be hugely successful products into a diverse marketplace.
- You could be a research technician, electronics engineer, project engineer, mechanical engineer, product designer or other, providing you have the attitude and vision to conceptualise innovative solutions and see them through to conclusion in some cases with minimal input from others. Obviously, products chosen to take to market will require the input from all functions of the business however it is your responsibility to bring the ideas to the table and to prove the concept.