An exciting position with a Start-Up technology company in the healthcare space. We are, looking for a talented and driven Senior Backend Developer to join our team. You will be a member of our engineering team, helping us build out the platform that drives our business. We have applications for patients to hire Service Professionals, for Service Professionals to register, and for our internal users to administer the service.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING
As a back-end engineer you will lead the team to research, design and develop cutting edge online marketplace platform using PHP and MySQL. Our tech stack is PHP, mySQL DBs, iOS and Android applications, web frontend and AWS infrastructure. You should be comfortable architecting and building moderately complex solutions to backend challenges. You will be handling the entire software development life cycle, leading planning sessions around new features and deliver detailed roll-out/roll-back strategies for releases. You will be required to collaborate with system architect and product manager to deliver high quality technical solutions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors/Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Specifically strong experience in PHP 7.x, Laravel, and MySQL 8.x
• Experience in frameworks such as CodeIgniter, Bootstrap and HTML5
• Ability to see a task from a business standpoint, not just a technical standpoint
• Experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, performance analysis, search infrastructure
• Experience building API-driven applications or endpoints
• Experience with mobile apps
• Commercial experience developing a SaaS platform and knowledge of cloud deployment strategies using AWS
• Experience with Agile methodology is a strong advantage.
• Experience with building HIPAA compliant platforms. (ideally, intermate knowledge of HIPAA):
o Appropriate security policies on server infrastructure
o Access control including automatic logout and encryption
o Audits and logging for data access which can not be deleted
• Prior experience in building a System with GDPR & HIPAA compliance will be discussed at relevant points,
The initial role will be for a 3- 6 months contract, with a view to move to permanent thereafter.