Job Title: Senior Mechanical Designer
Duration: Staff / Contractor
Assystem are an Award-Winning International Engineering Design Consultancy who provide innovative and cutting edge solutions. We have a number of UK based offices and a significant, loyal client base.
As our reputation for proficient delivery of complex projects grows even stronger, we have a need for a Senior Mechanical Designer to join the team in Cumbria.
Senior Mechanical Designer
As the Senior Mechanical Designer you will have Engineering experience demonstrating a record of successful delivery, including recent positions where examples of design outputs have been; successfully manufactured, installed and commissioned.
Awareness of laws, regulations, processes and procedures appropriate to the area supported.
Current experience of mechanical design and detailing of; plant and equipment, including solutions, regulations, standards and operating environment.
Full time site attendance in support of the installation and setting to work of plant and materials (equipment for installation as part of the works) - including: -
• Able to clearly and concisely communicate ideas and information, verbally, in writing and via drawings.
• Able to liaise with Engineers in support of the TQ process for recommendation, resolution.
• Experience of working within a highly regulated industry, preferably within the nuclear industry
• Experience using Inventor / AutoCAD is essential
• Experience of developing and designing drawings
• You will need to manage your own workload and drive completion of the work scope
• You will need to be able to communicate effectively with team members and with the Client
A full job specification is available.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
To apply forward your CV on this advertisement, if you have any queries about the role or would like a full job spec please contact Aidan at Assystem