Teaching Personnel are looking for a tutor to deliver cross-curricular subjects to a Looked After Child who attends a school in Penzance.
The student is in year 11 and will, need support in all if his chosen subjects, with a particular focus on English and Maths. You will work from the EHCP and must have good behaviour management as the pupil can sometimes show signs of challenging behaviour.
We are looking for a tutor who can undertake 5 hours per day, 5 days per week starting as soon as possible.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- A Teacher with experience teaching a broad curriculum at KS4 level, including Maths, English and Science
- Experienced working with children who have additional needs
- Resilient and equipped to deal with verbal and physical aggression - training will also be in place for you
- Confident to work closely with other professionals
- Able to create and implement engaging, innovative lessons for a child who may be extremely disengaged
For more information, please email
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.