DevOps Engineers with a coding background (any language) wanting a fresh challenge?
Looking to join one of Cambridge's most aggressive tech companies?
Want to feel like your work is truly effecting peoples lives?
£70,000 + (D.O.E)
An award winning, world leader in Adaptive technology in their respective field have an urgent need to bring in a result driven DevOps engineer to help drive the engineering team forward.
But they're more than just a tech company, their biggest asset is the people who are exceptionally talented and dedicated to fighting fraud and protecting their customers from risk.
We're looking for a passionate and driven DevOps Engineer to join the ever-growing Engineering team in Cambridge. The role will see you building the tools, infrastructure and diagnostics to support deployment, continuous integration and operations of the platform, both into internal test and customer environments, and iterating well-tested commercial quality code through design, QA and deployment into production.
Day to Day:
* End-to-end ownership of software used to install, upgrade, and perform continuous production operations of the platform, both self-hosted and on-premise with clients
* Leading the conversion of the platform to be deployed and run within a Kubernetes environment
* Writing and maintaining software tools and data integration code
* Supporting our delivery and customer support teams to deploy and maintain installations
* Championing best practices around ease of installation, configuration, and upgrade of software within cross-functional development projects
* Developing and deploying automation technologies in areas such as continuous integration, containerisation, and automated system deployment
* Assisting with technical diagnosis of issues to resolve live customer problems
* Significant experience in an engineering role in a commercial environment
* Extensive experience with Linux, bash scripts and command line tools (awk/sed/grep)
* Familiar with cloud native software practices, including containers
* Comfortable with one or more programming languages (Java/Ruby/Python preferred but not limited too)
* Experience with modern IDEs and VCS tools (git)
Great to haves:
* Prior experience with Kubernetes, and conversion of VM architecture software to run in Kubernetes greatly preferred
* Familiarity with config management tools such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt
* Experience with testing automation and CI/CD tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins
* Experience with distributed systems including web services and/or message queues
* A deep understanding of relational and/or NoSQL database
The work is often challenging and fast paced. We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
* Quick to learn new technologies - curiosity and passion to learn
* Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and prioritise appropriately
* Desire to handle a broad range of responsibilities, covering end-to-end ownership of complex software areas
* Must enjoy working in a team of like-minded and intelligent people to solve complex problems
* A passion to work for one of the fastest growing fraud prevention technologies in the world And most importantly, a small-company attitude: willingness to adapt to a variable role and a great can-do attitude.
Salary & Benefits:
* Quarterly bonus awards
* 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
* Career growth and training opportunities
* Discounted gym membership
* Fridges full of treats and drinks for lunches and snacks
* Pension scheme
For more information call Andy on or email