EUC Desktop Lead Technical Engineer
Job title: EUC Desktop Lead Technical Engineer
Location:Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury, HP21 8AL/Wycombe General Hospital, High Wycombe HP11 2TT
Job reference: BUCKSEUCENGIN
Would you like to be part of a team that has a real supportive and inclusive ethos and sense of community
If you answered 'yes' to the above, we would love to hear from you!
We have long term placement opportunities available for a EUC Desktop Lead Technical Engineer
available at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust specifically providing the following:
- Overall day to day management of the proximity based EUC team.
- Responsible for ensuring the team is appropriately resourced and full cover is provided at Trust sites.
- Management of regular 1:1s, appraisals, recruitment, discipline, and sickness management in line with the Trust's policies and procedures.
- Provide direction and mentoring to ensure that teams use and develop their skills to support the work of the department.
- Identify training and career development requirements for individual team members.
- Deputise for the EUC Desktop Manager when required.
- Drive high levels of customer service and satisfaction.
- Manage Incidents and Service Requests assigned via the Service Desk toolset, ensuring SLA and KPI compliance.
- Provide effective Problem management through trend analysis and investigation.
- Provide remote and hands-on support for all end user computing software and devices employed by the Trust.
- Ensure excellent verbal and written communications are applied at all times.
- Build, install, troubleshoot, and repair software and hardware issues related to desktop/laptop and mobile devices.
- Provide technical support for the Trust's healthcare applications.
- Ensure appropriate and up-to-date documentation is maintained at all times.
- Adhere to the Trust's internal processes and procedures.
- Flexibility to travel and move equipment between the Trust's sites.
- Complete desk and equipment moves.
- Assist colleagues and drive positive teamwork.
- Assist and mentor Service Desk colleagues.
- Identify areas of improvement.
- Act as resource for Projects when required.
- Action and complete any other tasks assigned by your manager.
The EUC Desktop Lead Technical Engineer role reports to the EUC Desktop Manager and is responsible for leading the proximity-based support team, ensuring proper ownership of the team's workload, and delivering to high standard. Act as a technical escalation point and provide specialist advice to both the local support teams and the IT department as a whole. Support the EUD Desktop Manager with achieving the department's objectives
Buckinghamshire Healthcare provides acute, community and specialist healthcare services to patients across the county of Buckinghamshire, and neighbouring areas. Overall, the Trust has around 6,000 highly trained, qualified doctors, nurses, midwives, health visitors, therapists, healthcare scientists and other support staff caring for more than half a million patients every year. Our patients are at the heart of everything that we do, and our aim is to provide safe and compassionate care, every time. Our focus is on providing right care, right place, right time, first time and everything we do is aimed at delivering high-quality care when and where our patients need it.
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: -
- Competitive Pay Rates- work this week, get paid next week!
Who are NHS Professionals?
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it - 24/7 365 days
- Stakeholder pension scheme
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts do not have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialties, saving the NHS over£70 million
each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.Apply
Register today for various flexible working options and long-term placement opportunities.
For more information on the roles or details on how to join NHS Professionals, simply get in touch with the admin and clerical team on .
We look forward to hearing from you soon.Disclaimer
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion