Radar Systems Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
A global aerospace and defence organisation specialising in state-of-the-art radar systems, providing support to the UK Royal Navy are seeking a Radar Systems Engineer.
You will be part of a team that ensures the UK's surface fleet is at peak operational performance, working in a facility that provides vital support for Royal Navy warships whilst researching future combat systems and technologies.
Responsibilities -Radar Systems Engineer
- Providing a 'System of Systems' approach to Integration, Assurance and Analysis activities within the domain of radar engineering. Using Data Recording and Analysis equipment and other built-in/bespoke integration toolsets to interpret system operational capability.
- Providing succinct and accurate and timely reports to support integration, trials and assurance activities as requested by the Customer
- Conducting analysis in support of trials recordings and provide suitable reporting with narrative to substantiate finding
- Keeping abreast of Complex System advances and major system changes in order to remain current and competent (identify and attend training acquaints and in-house briefings as appropriate).
- Working on a broad and interesting range of projects and tasks within the Combat Systems domain.
Skills and qualifications - Radar Systems Engineer
- Technical experience of radar Systems, host equipment's and interfaces.
- An understanding of how radars are designed and the differences between radars with different end functionality.
- An understanding of Pulse Repetition Frequency and how it can be used with modern digital systems.
- An understanding of radar cross section and how it may impact radar performance.
- A good understanding of modern IFF Interrogators and Transponders?
- A good understanding of IP based networks and their utilisation within modern digital systems
What we're looking for in you:
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with a variety of stakeholders (internal and external).
- Flexible approach to tasking - Team tasks to be subdivided and allocated within the core team according to specialisation and managed to a timely conclusion.
- Be proactive and adopt a professional approach in dealing with technical issues and colleagues within the business unit and externally.
- Ability to handle a diverse set of personalities
Click "Apply Now" to find out more!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90750018