Why Work for Accuity
Explore solutions that deliver innovation
Accuity powers compliant and assured client transactions to help build an interconnected, vibrant financial ecosystem. Through data and analytics that spans financial crime screening, payment services, and benefits compliance, we create unmatched confidence and efficiency for our clients to enable financial inclusion while identifying illicit financial activity and fraudulent players. If you share our values, take the opportunity to think big, aim high, and explore more.Principal Java Developer
Accuity are seeking a Principle Java developer to focus on new product development. The role will focus on delivering innovative new features / products in a business operating at the forefront of digital data and intelligence for the global financial community. You'll be working in a new team of specialist engineers within a fast paced and highly dynamic web development group with a commitment to continuous improvement and the adoption of best practices.Responsibilities
·Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
·Work closely with other development team members to understand product requirements and translate them into software designs.
·Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
·Foster a culture of quality, innovation & continuous improvement
·Investigate & recommend tools/technologies/practicesRequirements
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Familiarity of industry best practices, and a keen interest to adopt them
- Strong knowledge of software architecture, SOA and SOLID design principles
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Kanban).
- Proficiency with data manipulation languages and data storage subsystems, SQL or NoSQL
- Understanding of data modelling principles.
- Ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven technical leadership experience and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
What's it like to work here?
- Micro services
- AngularJS / HTML5 / UX / UI
- Build/deployment (Jenkins / Nexus / Gradle / Puppet)
- Virtualisation (VMWare/AWS/Vagrant/Docker/Kubernetes
- Testing automation (Postman / Protractor / Junit / Jasmine)
Outstanding - you've probably already got a feel for what we do and the technology we're involved with but what's really stands us out from the crowd is our culture. We're an agile, dynamic and forward thinking organisation who understands the importance of looking after our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality products, providing our employees with interesting challenges for their personal and career development whilst also striking the right balance between work and family life.Women in technology:
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 27% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
·Mentoring scheme for women in technology
·Women's network forum
·Regularly run events for schools girl about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech.
RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90746440