A leading the development of next generation medical technology which will transform medical testing and the healthcare industry. They are developing a portable device to run all the common lab tests for liver, kidney, cardiac, thyroid, and hormone levels with results provided within 20 minutes. We now have a fast-growing, multidisciplinary team of more engineers, biologists and technicians.
They're funded by well known Silicon Valley investors and is targeting rapid expansion in the US medical market through its partnerships with premier US health systems.
The process of performing the most common blood tests hasn't changed in decades: once the patient visits the doctor's clinic, the test is done in a lab off premise, extending the time to diagnosis by weeks. But 1 in 3 people who die from chronic diseases every year could live longer if their disease was diagnosed earlier. Our device will change that by enabling rapid, lab-accurate, simultaneous, measurement of multiple biomarkers anywhere and anytime from a single blood drop. their technology will change healthcare, expanding access to testing globally and enabling the practice of medicine to become truly information based.
An exciting opportunity for a talented individual with strong background in microfluidics. Reporting to the CTO you will play a pivotal role within the organisation helping in the development of new microfluidic chips and fabrication techniques for scaling.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to development cycles of new microfluidic products, including design, assembly architecture, process definition and development, equipment specification and prototyping, materials selections and metrology development.
- Contribute to define product-level specifications and requirements and translate them to critical parameter management at physical level in the process.
- Contribute to implementing model systems to reduce cycle of learning time of process development
- Working with equipment vendors and contract manufacturers on requirements management, specification control, and prototyping of novel process workflows
- Working with cross-functional teams to scale prototype processes to pilot and production scale
- Defining and implementing process controls, in-line monitoring, and metrology for QA
- Deep dive on failure analysis and lead both short term containment and permanent solutions
- Data analysis of trends in performance tied to fundamental parameters and workflow; provide guidance on continuous improvement.
- Mentor others in related areas.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems related to microfluidic fabrication (especially in hard polymers), device assembly, microfluidics, chemical interactions, and strength/reliability of materials.
- Ability to execute complex process experiments and statistical analysis
- Experienced in the design and development of complex integrated devices (Microfluidic, Microelectronic, MEMS, etc)
- Experience with implementation of lean manufacturing concepts a plus.
- Ability to effectively work with engineers and scientists across multiple disciplines (mechanical, electrical, chemical, biological, etc) using Structured Problem-Solving techniques.
- Ability to relate basic material, physical characteristics, and fabrication variations to performance
- Experience with packaging level assembly techniques a plus.
- Collaborates, builds relationships and influences team members to work toward common goals
- If you have any experience in pushing what is possible in valve less technology ie: moving liquid via valve less methods.
- MS or PhD in related technical field with extensive experience in microfluidic fabrication and design.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in process development and integration of manufacturing operations
If you're interested
in knowing more about this role feel free to give me a call or Apply
to this Advert
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90743316