Senior Satellite Communications Systems Engineer
Based in Hertfordshire
£50,000 - £65,000 + Company benefits
A market leading consultancy operating in the Military and Commercial Communications sector are seeking a Systems Engineer with expertise in Satellite Communication SystemsRole - Senior Satellite Communications Systems Engineer - Hertfordshire
Experience/Skill - Senior Satellite Communications Systems Engineer - Hertfordshire
- Develop, manage and maintain satellite system requirements
- Carry out requirement decomposition, modelling and trade-off analysis to establish requirements for satellites networks based on end user needs
- Develop system and service architectures for next generation satellite networks, including model-based systems engineering
- Use industry best practice frameworks to guide service operations and integration within the wider enterprise
- Develop and maintain link budgets using basic and more advanced model-based techniques
- Undertake top-level capacity design and performance analysis of satellite communications networks and related communications services
- Contribute to the high-level system design of satellite network constellations including GEO, MEO and LEO satellites
- Simulation of satellite communications networks in support of the above
- Ensure network design adherence to appropriate standards and ITU regulations
- UK national (due to potential sensitivity of work to be undertaken)
- Security Cleared
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronics, communications). Equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative.
- >10 years of experience of Systems Engineering of satellite communications networks
- Ability to establish network capacity and high-level architectural network requirements based on user needs
- Simulation and modelling of satellite networks in support of the above (including both space and ground parts of the network)
- Good understanding and experience of satellite communications network system design for LEO. MEO and GEO systems
- Experience of applying structured Systems Engineering approach to complex Satellite Systems programmes, including full understanding of through-life Assurance and Acceptance activities.
- Knowledge of the resource planning and delivery of communications services over satellite networks.
- Knowledge of the operating framework used by satellite communications / telecoms operators for service delivery (e.g. eTOM).
- Experience in design and assessing software, firmware and hardware solutions within an overall system design.
- Experience and knowledge of security architecture design principles and their application to system design.
If you are interested in this role, please "APPLY NOW"
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90749916