3rd Line Team Leader, Lookers plc
IT Service Delivery
Lookers Head Office, Manchester
Market leading employee benefits
Are you a versatile, technical 3rd Line Infrastructure Team Leader with proven experience in motivating and leading teams and are you looking for your next challenge with a company that have made Significant investment in IT to bolster continued growth?
As the 3rd Line Infrastructure Team Leader for Lookers you will be tasked with providing 3rd Line investigative and remediation activities across all IT infrastructure services at Lookers plc.Duties will include
Your core competencies;
- To be responsible for the 3rd Line Infrastructure Team rostering and performance, ensuring the team works in alignment with the technical framework and Service Management processes.
- Ensuring the team is fully equipped with the tools and knowledge to investigate, diagnose and resolve complex technical incidents and fulfil technical requests for all infrastructure/systems to SLA.
- Leading mission critical 24x7 IT infrastructure operations ensuring service excellence. This includes responsibility for the key disciplines of service management and service delivery; incident, problem, change, transition, configuration management, asset and obsolescence management, service continuity, availability, capacity and reporting.
- Drive the Infrastructure Team activities to improve incident/problem relating to service reliability & performance.
- Be a real-time technical support interface to suppliers, including when Lookers have multi-vendor interoperability issues.
- Work collaboratively with other teams and decision makers to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology and process solutions.
- Ensure that activities and escalations are in line with both customer and service level agreements.
- Contribute in the development of processes and aligned documentation, which are aligned to ITIL best practices.
- Participate in out of hours on-call duty rota.
- Develop an up-to-date skills matrix which is completely aligned to the operational strategy.
- Participate in root cause analysis for complex major incidents and escalated faults.
- Willingness to learn and document new services/products.
- Keep up to date with technical and service developments within the industry and making recommendations where appropriate to feed into the long-term Lookers IT strategy.
- Strong experience (implementation, configuration and troubleshooting) of Microsoft Server and client operating systems, AD, GPO, DNS, DHCP, RDS, security hardening/updates and patching, VMWare/vSphere, MS SQL, monitoring tools, HPE server and storage solutions.
- Excellent Microsoft 365 and Azure capabilities.
- Knowledge of scripting/PowerShell.
- Experience with other Microsoft products such as Teams, IIS, SCOM/SCCM, Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) and InTune.
- Experience with Veeam Backup and Recovery technologies.
- Strong knowledge of DR and BC planning, testing and execution.
- Security focussed and fully aware of key security principles and practices including demonstrable experience of dealing with security related incidents.
- Knowledge of enterprise print management solutions.
- Understanding of the principles and concepts of networking and telephony (routing, switching, VLANs, firewalls, SIP trunking, VoIP, Unified Comms).
- Knowledge of privileged access management (PAM).
- Strong understanding of ITIL principles and practices.
Lookers are proud to be one of the top three motor vehicle retailers in the UK, representing 32 vehicle manufacturers, selling and servicing a huge range of cars at over 150 franchised dealerships across hundreds of locations throughout the UK & Ireland. We recognise the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people so we offer an industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, eligibility to join one of our car schemes, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and additional earning potential through commission or bonus.
As one of the UK's Top Employers we strongly believe in nurturing and providing our people with specific manufacturer brand and management training to enhance career development opportunities. We have a great bunch of people and we like to celebrate and encourage success at all levels with our annual Lookers Excellence Awards. So? What are you waiting for?
Lookers are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a working environment that is free from all types of discrimination, is inclusive, and empowers our people to bring their whole self to work and reach their full potential.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role and responsibilities, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90748627