Senior SQL Dev / Data Engineer Cardiff (central) Salary up to £50,000 + benefits Permanent role
Leading Cardiff based business have a requirement for a Senior SQL Dev / Data Engineer to join their expanding Data Team.
The purpose of the role is to work with a team of data experts tasked with fully automating a new cloud data platform as well as maintaining the Company's existing solution.
You'll get the chance to expand your knowledge of different data technologies and explore new and exciting capabilities - including big data and artificial intelligence.
This role would suit either an experienced cloud engineer or an experienced SQL developer with the capability and drive to fill this role.Duties:
Skills / Experience:
- Work closely with agile product teams to identify and deliver projects that will drive value to customers
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources, including third-party providers and existing Azure platform.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work closely with other data engineers, architects, and technologists to share knowledge and proactively recommend improvements in architecture, pipelines, data models, tools and processes.
- Translate data into valuable insights that inform decisions.
- Maintaining and creating continuous delivery pipelines in Azure DevOps.
Contact David Southwood - Sanderson Recruitment
- Experience within similar Data Engineer, Cloud Engineer or Senior SQL Developer role
- Able to comfortably design, write and iterate code from prototype to production-ready.
- Strong understanding of security, accessibility and version control.
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytic tools.
- Strong SQL skills and familiarity with data modelling and relational databases.
- A passion for data, cloud-based services and customer experience.
- Knowledge and experience of Kimball design.
- Knowledge of QL Server 2016 and above, Azure DevOps, C#, BIML, PowerShell, ARM, Tableau desirable
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90744582