Greystar is a market leading, fully integrated real estate company offering expertise in investment, development, and property management of multifamily residential and student housing properties globally. The European business is rapidly growing throughout Europe and currently covers the UK, The Netherlands, Spain, France, Germany, Austria and Ireland.
This role is for an experienced paralegal to provide support to the European legal team with a focus on company secretarial and corporate governance. This will include working closely with the finance, investment, compliance and tax teams within the Greystar business and external service providers in the UK and Europe.
- To work with relevant internal and external advisors and experts to support new corporate entities in the UK and Europe to ensure the required corporate governance filings are met.
- Coordination with and first point of contact for company secretarial administrators, including overseeing invoicing and KPI reporting from administrators.
- Key coordinator of a central corporate governance document management software system.
- Assisting with the planning and organisation of board meetings, including agendas and review of corporate documents to opine on transactions that require board consent for each entity, board meeting frequency and delegation of authority process.
- Support legal and tax teams with transactions (acquisitions, financings, restructuring) from a corporate administration perspective, including maintaining a master file of documentation.
- Participate in meetings and discussions as required to advise on legal and corporate governance requirements.
- Managing and responding to inbound "KYC" (know your customer) requests & due diligence processes from lenders, investors and other 3rd parties.
- Assistance with the legal billing system.
- Negotiating NDAs and tracking NDA obligations.
- Draft, review and proofread legal documents/agreements, maintain in-house precedents and provide basic advice on contracts.
- Ad hoc assistance to the legal team on a wide range of commercial and real estate issues.
- Good law degree/GDL or qualified by experience.
- LPC qualification preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a cosec or paralegal role with a good understanding of commercial processes, procedures and operational drivers.
- Commercial awareness and ability to understand and explain legal risks to the business in the relevant context.
- Relevant experience gained in private equity / real estate would be advantageous.
- Strong organisational and project management skills to juggle tasks and manage the workload with the ability to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines and work flexibly in change environment.
- Have a methodical approach, with good attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly and confidently at all levels.
- Able to work effectively with the personal sensitivity to manage negotiations with a range of stakeholders.
- A positive team player, with an adaptable and flexible approach along with ability to work collaboratively to drive results and support the wider team and business objectives.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, characterised by change and rapid growth.
- Confidence dealing with external advisors.