Growth orientated publicly quoted holding company seeks a Financial Controller with preferably at least 5 years successful working experience. The Group comprises a listed Holding Company and approximately 20 related companies. We are seeking a smart-working, self-starting and motivated professional. The position provides an excellent opportunity for an individual willing to assume a pro-active role in the heart of a small team.Position
The successful candidate will take on a broad role, which will include Financial Controller with the opportunity for promotion to CFO duties within the Group, as well as fundraising, valuations, financial modelling and analytical work.
The successful candidate will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, forecasting, implementing, managing and controlling financial-related activities. The candidate will ensure effective internal controls are in place to ensure compliance with IFRS and London Stock Exchange listing rules, including the timely reporting of year-end and interim accounts.
The successful candidate will also work closely with auditors, tax advisors and external accountants. They will be responsible for the Group Management Accountant and a Bookkeeper.Job description and ResponsibilitiesFinancial control
- Enhance and maintain clear timetable of all financial processes and oversee/ensure timely completion of all processes.
- Managing the workload of the finance team to enable deadlines to be met.
- Maintain robust system of financial control across all Group companies to include monthly process of all key account reconciliations.
- Oversight of Accounts payable and Accounts receivable.
Budget and forecasting
- Review monthly department P&Ls and highlight variances from budget/expectation.
- Review of management accounts pack and deliver commentary to level ready for review and submission to the Executive Leadership Team and parent company.
- Preparation of monthly Board reports.
- Budgeting - lead annual budget preparation process ensuring Business unit buy in and involvement and development of budget.
- Forecasting - enhance and develop re-forecasting processes to create more regular and accurate re-forecasts of income statement and cashflow.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent).
- Experience of the reporting requirements for listed companies and preparing IFRS accounts.
- Technically capable to oversee and improve accounts consolidation and timely production of accounts.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Management experience.
- High level of integrity and dependability.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and financial management software.
£50,000 base salary plus bonus.
Office is located in Bishopstrow, Wiltshire however remote working is also possible.