My client who is a global leader in helping organisations improve, touching brands worldwide in over 190 countries, is on the look-out for a Data Governance Manager.
Role: Data Governance Manager
Start Date: Mid-Late September
Salary: £70k +15% Bonus (+competitive benefits)
Location: Milton Keynes / West London Role:
The Data Governance Manager is a new role within the business which will lead and manage all data governance activities and have responsibility for improving the quality of information across the organisation.
This position will focus on operating the new data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, both at the Business and Functional area level, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet business needs. Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Previously delivered a Data Governance capability within an organisation.
- Ability to influence senior management and built trusted relationships with them.
- Sound knowledge and proven ability to develop and implement effective, robust governance policies and procedures to ensure that the Data Council and associated Committees run smoothly.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with diplomacy and the ability to influence.
- Relevant experience at a senior level including working with a governing board.
- Highly effective project manager who continuously improves the process across the organisation with focus on finance and compliance.
- Knowledge or understanding of wider governance issues such as information governance, risk management, and incident reporting and learning is ideal.
- Work closely with the Management at various levels to develop and implement the Data Governance Council's forward roadmap and work programme, reviewing this as required.
- Understand and support the vision, mission and aims of the Group
- Oversee compliance with data governance policies, procedures and relevant provisions in legislation and evolve these as required.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, and adoption requirements.
- Provide leadership and support to the Data Governance Council, and other Committees or advisory groups.
- Ensure good quality information flows within the Data Council and between the Data Council and senior management and develop and publish a suite of metrics to inform decision making.
- Provide clear and effective line management for the governance resources.
- Support or manage wider governance initiatives or projects, as required.
- Work effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including:
- Data Governance Council members
- Data Stewards and Administrators
- Data Owners and Data Champions
- Technology, Business & Functional representatives.