VoIP Test Engineer
6 Month Contract
The primary purpose of this role is to test the SIP ATA functionality of the CPE Hub.Your key responsibilities
As a VoIP test engineer you will be asked to:
Required Technical Skills
- Design test cases against the current SIP/VoIP requirements
- Setup the test lab to execute each test case
- Execute test cases, including:
- confirm compliance to VoIP specification for each test case marked "pass"
- raise Jira/Redmine tickets for any test case marked "fail"
- investigate the root cause of any issue found
- suggest amendments to the test case/test lab as appropriate
- Write summary and exit reports at the end of each test cycle
Nice to have
- 2-3 years experience testing VoIP either on the Core (IMS) side or Access (ATA) side.
- Subject Matter Expert in SIP protocol and understands IMS infrastructure.
- Has expertise to analyse call-flows and point out protocol issues.
- Knowledge in VoIP and IMS domain.
- Has a proactive attitude for testing and having the expertise to suggest amendments to the test plan as and when required.
- Has a good understanding of TCP-IP protocol stack.
- Good understanding of RTP, RTCP, RTP Events, DTMF and SDP.
- Good understanding in Voice/network troubleshooting techniques, including packet captures through Wireshark and trace analysis.
- Experience using Redmine/Jira ticket tracking application
- Knowledge of the H.323 protocol
- Good understanding of how an FXS port works and the FSK protocol
- Good knowledge of the TR-69/ 104 specification
- Experience with SBCs such as Nokia, Huawei and Genband
- Knowledge of NAT, DNS, B2B UA, Load Balancing/Resilience Testing
- Experience using Call generator like but not limited to Spirent Abacus and Emutel Harmony
- Experience using a Terminal Line simulator like but not limited to Advent Ai520
To find out more please send your CV to Rocky Tsang at email@example.com