Accounting Manager (IRFS16)
This role reports into Senior Accounting Manager and sits within the Financial Accounting Function, which is committed to delivering the best in class accounting through deploying efficient processes and effective management of external service providers.
This role is part of a team of 4 that looks after the accounting for the shared network with EE and Retail estate, both are administered by external service providers and report under IFRS 16 and IAS 17.
Principally the role requires effective delivery of reporting under the recent standard IFRS 16 and management of the external service provider, AY, to ensure completeness and accuracy of IFRS 16 Financial records to Three's accounting ledgers. You must be technically competent to understand IFRS 16 accounting requirements at a level to effectively review and challenge reporting from the Service Provider, AY and MBNL. Further, you will be required to implement initiatives to improve the reporting.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for an individual to apply their technical knowledge of IFRS 16 as well as gaining valuable experience in service level management through being empowered to challenge, implement and lead project initiatives to improve the process and reporting.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, 3 years PQE, preferably audit background.
- Working knowledge of IFRS 16.
- Strong Technical Accounting skills.
- Experience of managing external and internal stakeholders.
- Intermediate Excel.
- Experience of working in a month end environment with experience of General Ledger close processes and month end reconciliation requirements.
- Experience of working with external auditors.
- Analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Being Customer driven - Creating and delivering great customer experience.
- Being a Collaborator - Build and maintain good relationships with multiple stakeholders and understanding their requirement. Strong influencing skills and be able to engage others from broad area of business background.
- Being Agile - Priorities the work and continually reassessing
- Be comfortable presenting and liaising with senior management.