A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the firm's Employment team, one of the largest and fastest-growing in the East Midlands.
Our Employment team is recommended by The Legal 500 for the advice that they provide to "an impressive list of regional and national businesses on contentious and non-contentious employment matters".
The appointment will be ideal for someone looking to develop their career with a varied and interesting workload, flexibility and freedom in a supportive and friendly environment. About the Role The successful candidate will be required to:
About the Candidate You will:
- Manage a varied caseload that may include:
- Providing employment law advice to education and commercial clients
- Drafting advice reports other documentation such as settlement agreements
- Assisting clients with HR processes and procedures
- Handling cases through tribunal proceedings
- Providing support on employment issues arising in transactions
- Be involved in marketing and business development at a departmental and firm-wide level
- Assist with the development and supervision of more junior team members
- Develop relationships with the department's key clients
- Have experience of dealing with contentious and non-contentious employment law matters
- Possess good knowledge and understanding of tribunal procedures and protocols
- Have a high level of knowledge and understanding of employment law
- Ideally have an excellent academic background
- Possess exceptional client care skills
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be highly motivated and able to add value to the role
- Be able to demonstrate proactive management of matters with a minimum of supervision
- Be a team player and able to get on with others
- Possess networking and client development skills
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.