Our client is an established, family owned business in jig & tool design and development, (complex tool design), installed and commissioned with a blue chip customer base in aerospace and automotive sectors. This is your opportunity to take ownership for a standalone business unit, recruiting staff, managing the company's fabrication work. You will have free reign to grow the business and bring in your own work, this role would therefore suit an entrepreneurial Sales Manager with a technical background in heavy fabrication.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Work closely with the MD on forecasting and business planning for the new facility
· Develop direct sales leads and new business for the workshop
· Achieve new business sales to ensure profitable growth of the business unit.
· Ensure production financial targets and met - produce regular reports ensuing projects are run on budget.
· Support the company with driving profits margins with continued efficiencies.
· Develop KPI's for the department in conjunction with the MD
· Oversee production planning and manage scheduling
· Organise and implement plant maintenance
Once you have set up the work shop you will have the opportunity to recruit a Worksop Manager, enabling you to concentrate on developing the business.
Project management from enquiry to handover, including estimating costs and lead times and production planning.
· Responsible for planning and organising recruitment in conjunction with MD.
· Working with management to get the best performance from staff
· Training and development within the fabrication department.
-Demonstrable track record of success in a business development role, experienced in working with customers, quoting and direct marketing
-Experienced in recruiting, managing and motivating staff
-Completed an apprenticeship as a plater / welder / fabricator within medium to heavy fabrication industry producing precision fabrication which are finish machined after stress relieving.
-Has worked to EN 1090-1
In return for your expertise, our client offers an attractive salary, performance related bonus, pension, medical and the opportunity to grow and take ownership of a facility in an established business.