Heard of us?
We're an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams. Now is your chance...
The People Team is a key enabler for business success. By aligning to the Aldermore customer journey, we drive our colleagues, managers and leaders to cultivate a working environment that encourages fast pace delivery and success.
We attract talent; by being fully immersed in our business, influencing and understanding our short, medium and long term aspirations. We develop our people; to ensure they fulfil their hopes and dreams, whilst continuing to meet the needs and expectations of our dynamic business.
We are a high performing, high profile team. We have worked hard to establish ourselves as trusted advisors; providing the correct balance of knowledge and challenge which supports managers and leaders make the right decisions at difficult times.
The role of Head of Group Communications is really important to us.
Working extensively with senior leaders across the business, you will be responsible for Aldermore Group's national, regional and social media external relations strategy, in line with our strategic Blueprint.
You will drive the Aldermore Group employee communications strategy too. Your role will be pivotal in achieving the cultural ambitions of the organisation by ensuring our colleagues are informed, engaged, motivated and inspired by the organisation's purpose and strategy. What would your day look like?
What do we expect of you?
- Accountable for delivering Aldermore Group's communications strategy which informs and excites all colleagues and supports our strategic ambitions.
- Business partnering with key business areas and supporting functions of the Group to support the organisation's strategic Blueprint and plans.
- Support the CEO and CPTO in defining the leadership communications agenda, devising impactful plans which informs and supports our senior leadership population.
- The guardian of the Internal Communications governance model and spanning messaging, audiences, channels establishing measurement tools to track the effectiveness of internal communications.
- Work with our line management population and cultural champion network, to drive local implementation of the employee communications strategy and share best practice across the organisation.
- Owner of our Internal Communications channels, driving brilliant, engaging but straightforward content on and off-line, looking to push the boundaries to continually transform the ways in which we communicate.
- Manages the internal communications team, in-house PR team, brand and social media as well as the external retained PR agency.
- Coordinates issues and crisis management, including messaging, media statements and briefings.
- Develop, champion and, work collaboratively with the business to deliver appropriate PR, brand and social media propositions that supports the delivery of the commercial objectives of the Group.
- Manage budget, resource and suppliers to deliver the employee communications programme and external relations strategy as required.
What can you expect of us?
- Good knowledge of employee communications planning and change management approaches.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills and exemplary stakeholder management. Able to cultivate and maintain good working relationships and manage demanding and challenging clients. Also able to provide critical feedback and handle sensitive issues when needed. Has the gravitas and experience to give credible advice and inspire confidence at all levels and can provide compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
- Excellent writing, editorial and presentation skills. Able to identify craft and deliver key messages, narratives and information in succinct and engaging ways. Able to offer communications advice and support including drafting relevant communications in the event of an incident
- Strong technical knowledge of key communication channels and content.
- Events management - knows how to plan and execute events and interventions that deliver on organisational objectives and drive engagement.
- Very strong project management skills, with the ability to self-manage, prioritising a wide number and variety of tasks to deliver overall objectives. Excellent organisational abilities and attention to detail and applies sound judgment when faced with difficult decisions.
- Extensive experience in corporate communications, journalism and/or public relations.
- Proven ability to manage corporate media and PR relations and issues/crisis management communications.
- Good understanding of external communications and financial calendar activity and evidence of producing integrated impactful communications strategies.
- A team player with a collaborative approach. Able to effectively lead and motivate a team and support direct reports in their development.
- Energy, commitment and ability to work under pressure, responding positively to changing priorities and tight deadlines. Able to balance a varied workload.
- A sound understanding of our business and wider industry issues, or the ability to rapidly acquire it. Experience of financial services would be an asset.
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our Customers.
- A smart yet comfortable working environment, well located for the daily commute and those lunchtime errands.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, for which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A visible and approachable ExCo; who you will very likely to bump into whilst making your morning coffee.
And of course you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential. Still Curious?
A lot can happen in a year!
In 2019 Aldermore Group was formed; bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services, with hubs throughout the UK, including London, Reading, Manchester and Cardiff.
We also celebrated our 10th Birthday and fundamentally 10 years of helping those with ideas; by saying yes to our customers. We've propelled entrepreneurs on their journeys; we've given first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we've opened up the lending market to many.
As for what the next 12 months has to offer; we are embarking upon the delivery of our Purpose; a Purpose that underpins our next 3 to 5 years as a growing business. Join us today and we will make the same Promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our Customers.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position. Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer