Junior Systems Administrator
One of the leading Quantitative Trading and FinTech firms in the UK are looking to hire a highly talented technologist to join their Infrastructure team. The IT Infrastructure group specialise in large installation system administration, high performance computing (optimising for latency and bandwidth) and automation.
The position available is within the Support section who take specific responsibility for the design, build and upkeep of the end user computing environment. Responsibilities:
- Support the firm's staff in their use of the computer systems
- Responsible for the daily operation of the JIRA support request system.
- Day-to-Day maintenance and monitoring of various systems. These include but are not limited to: Active directory; Office365 Mail infrastructure; Video conferencing solutions; telephony)
- Responsible for on/off boarding of staff.
- Diagnosis and resolution of operational issues involving windows desktops; windows servers; Linux workstations
- Writing and configuring automation tools that enable the team to work effectively at scale (e.g. automated builds, configuration management, patch and application deployment, observability and performance management)
- Good A-level and degree results
- Some demonstrated evidence of technical experience, preferably has technology as part of their job
- 1-4 years' work experience in a professional environment
By applying to this advert you are giving Etonwood Limited authority to hold and process your data for this specific role and any other roles we may deem suitable to you over time. We will not pass your data to any third party without your verbal or written permission to do so. A copy of our Privacy notice is available on our website for further details. Etonwood Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- Experience in administrator level access to windows systems (Active directory; Office 365 ; Azure AD; windows 10 ; windows 2016/2019)
- PowerShell scripting knowledge.
- Familiarity with SCCM (application and OS deployment)
- Some familiarity with the LINUX command line
- Some familiarity with Python
- Some familiarity with basic Cisco networking commands
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications