Shieldpay are looking for a Reconciliation Analyst who loves numbers, Excel and thrives on accuracy and attention to detail. Are you a stickler for perfect data records and reporting? Do you get excited at the thought of reconciling different transaction types every day, and tweaking formulae to improve precision and efficiency? Does always knowing where the data is at give you an acute sense of satisfaction? Then this could be the home for you!
This role will report to the Head of Payment Operations and will involve working closely with our knowledgeable Reconciliation Analyst as you immerse yourself in the consumer and professional services side of the business, and to look after the day-to-day reconciliations.
The successful candidate will have a genuine love of Excel and enjoy providing data feedback to various stakeholders in a way that is constructive and empathetic - including to your fellow colleagues who work incredibly hard to process high value transactions. As a fast-paced company we cater to a wide variety of transaction flows and new business developments, so this role may only appeal if you enjoy being flexible and open to ongoing change.
You may already work in financial services, or perhaps you simply have a love of data reconciliation and are interested in tracking real-time money flows as we move into the digital era. This role will be based in a dual location: London & Haywards Heath What you will be doing
- Daily reconciliations of multiple client money accounts held within multiple banks and currencies
- Identifying, investigating and querying discrepancies
- Continuous improvement of the reconciliation processes
- Developing an understanding of various payment methods, card settlements, refunds and fees - encompassing both conditional payments and escrow
- Becoming an expert in a wide range of transaction flows through our consumer and professional services platforms
- Assisting with client statements and safeguarding reports
The ideal candidate
- Ad hoc reporting projects
- You love Excel - you are the resident Excel guru! Not only using it day-to-day, but also taking autonomy in continually speeding up and improving processes
- You can provide evidence of your interest in fintech i.e. you have either worked in fintech, or you have a genuine interest in how fintech is changing payments
- Internally driven by a passion for meticulous detail and accuracy
- Enjoys developing more efficient ways to track data (data which at times can be tricky, complex and varied)
- Either direct experience from within a start-up, or an understanding of the opportunities and challenges from within a growing, start-up organisation.
- Embraces the unknown
- Genuinely curious about the data and also caring when it comes to your colleagues