We seek a dedicated Account Director to support our strategic & creative origination accounts across our client roster.
This role is to provide leadership across several accounts in the portfolio, working closely with the EMEA Head of Client Services who will guide and support, but the new leader must be proactive, engaged, prepared and able to seek out opportunities, build relationships, sell hard and convert projects quickly.
Attention to detail must be impeccable, an attitude that is happy, confident and relaxed with senior stakeholders but totally driven. We seek a hunger to progress and succeed up against tough competitors.About you and why these are relevant:
You will be a problem solver, fixer and sometimes a scrapper, but always smart, calm, lucid and totally professional - moving heaven and earth to delight clients.
Your interpretive, EQ, numeracy and literacy skills will be excellent, as you will need to assess a variety of client needs / desires / politics. From this you must prioritise and plan, connecting with production discipline leads across CreativeDrive offices to develop solutions.
You should speak English and ideally at least one other of, French, German, Italian or Spanish fluently or of native tongue.
Your experience will be of operating within a relevant advertising or production environment across Europe for at least 5 years, with a deep understanding of the client / strategy / creative briefing, creative development, production, post & localisation process - and a willingness to challenge norms and traditional practices to meet the content demands of modern marketers.Core Responsibilities:
Your experience should clearly demonstrate:
- Seek out, build relations with and gain the trust of key stakeholders across multiple client business units
- Grow and manage accounts working into senior leaders in CD.
- Hunt, mine, pitch, win and implement projects, profitably and at speed.
- Deliver profitably and provide accurate forecasting and detailed financial analysis.
- Work with leadership teams on both sides to define KPIs, reporting lines, measurement approaches and all other key performance data.
- Support & drive high standards of operational process, ensuring that standardised ways of working are clearly defined, documented and rolled-out across all creative origination projects.
- Work with our international offices to facilitate the required inter-company delivery of projects (we often work with our studios in the USA, Cape Town, Singapore, Cost Rica and Sydney to get work done off-shore) and ensure correct intercompany billing / transfer pricing processes are accurately run. Note: you will have the full support and training from finance teams to do this.
- Work with other client rostered agencies and teams (media / creative / internal) and coordinate these where relevant to ensure complete and fully considered and joined-up delivery of campaigns.
- Deliver sustainable, measurable efficiency to the client and profitability to CreativeDrive - monitoring and reacting constantly to ensure this is the case at all times.
- Ensure we are effectively resourced and using our supply chains most effectively to meet the needs of the business, whilst adhering to our preferences for lean ways of working.
- Actively support others across CreativeDrive on this account and more broadly.
· Know how to create a vision for the accounts you lead, paying close attention to detail and fostering strong relationships at all levels to realise this, whilst maintaining a macro view.
· Be a skilled, empathetic client liaison with a proven record leading major accounts for global businesses.
· Have deep experience of bringing together and motivating teams across different geographies to work effectively and harmoniously in a lean way.
· Understand strategic, creative and production processes deeply and have experience of leading these processes in the past to deliver multi-channel, multi-market campaigns - ideally having come up through the various roles required to deliver high quality work.
· Deep account management and production process knowledge across all media channels.
· Have strong commercial ability with experience in running a full account P&L, utilisation and resourcing plans - forecasting forwards and reviewing retrospectively.
· Know where and how to find, attract and manage the best talent in our industry and associated industries in order to drive the business forward and grow our teams.
· Be comfortable operating at senior levels (internally and client-side) with highly developed meeting craft, negotiation and presentation skills. You will be expected to work autonomously to lead and deliver in these areas.
· Be proactive in finding opportunities, creating new ways to work and innovating for the client and our business - we have great client opportunities as we are different from others - we must maintain and build that position into the future.