Our Client is a premier, fully integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted our client to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions-from the wellhead to the storage tank-to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
We are looking for a Static Equipment Engineer to join a busy LNG project -Key Responsabilities
- Design and analysis of an assigned scope of work for a project including specific complex deliverables such as Vessels and Heat Transfer equipment; perform conceptual studies, cost and planning studies, layouts, design calculations (thermal and mechanical), specification development and supervising vendor packages for vessel and heat transfer equipment and mechanical systems.
- Communicate technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers
- Developing the Material Requisition for Quotation (MRQ) packages
- Performing technical evaluations, including analyzing and resolving vendor and Client clarifications, exceptions and preferences
- Working with Project and Client to generate a recommendation for award
- Generating Material Requisition for Purchase (MRP) packages, including defining all scope/line items, inspection requirements, documentation requirements, etc.
- Vendor data review, and solicitation and reconciliation of comments from other engineering/design disciplines and the Client.
- Mentor junior Mechanical Engineers
- Depending on size and complexity of scope of work, may be assigned as the Static Equipment Lead Engineer for a project
- Maintain and promote a focus on company's end product including engineering, fabrication or construction
- Assume responsibility for cost, schedule, quantity and budget control.
- Bachelors, or foreign equivalent, in Mechanical Engineering, followed by 6 years of post-baccalaureate, progressively responsible work experience in Vessel and Heat Transfer equipment, handling large process vessels, columns, drums, main cryogenic Heat Exchangers, Cold Box and support systems for liquefied natural gas (LNG), and for Ethylene projects.
- Employer will also accept a Master's, or foreign equivalent, in Mechanical Engineering plus 4 years of work experience in Vessel and Heat Transfer equipment handling large process vessels, columns, main cryogenic Heat Exchangers, Cold Box and support systems for liquefied natural gas (LNG), and for Ethylene projects.
- Experience must include checking and approving design; preparing and approving conceptual studies, specifications and technical evaluations; and work performed in all engineering deliverables for large vessels and exchangers (air or water-cooled), flares and other packaged equipment for revamps and new projects.