API Product Manager / API Senior Product Manager
Are you interested in being part of a growing InfoSec team at a Startup? Want to work for a leading Fintech and payments company? Keen to be part of a team disrupting the Fintech industry? If this is you look no further.??
We're looking for a passionate, diligent and proactive individual to join our growing Fintech Start-Up Client.
My client is helping to change the face of the Fintech space by delivering industry-leading solutions to the payment and financial services sectors. At the heart of the businesses offering is their award-winning payments platform which powers some of the world's most high-profile challenger banks, disruptors and fintech innovators.
Help our client define and deliver the best API suite for its customers and partners and deliver an API programme to market.Your responsibilitiesProduct Analysis and Roadmap:
The API Product Manager will be responsible for owning the definition and delivery of a new set of APIs designed from the ground up to deliver the world's best card issuing and payments platform. You will also be responsible for setting the vision for the developer experience that will sit alongside the APIs to enable our customers and partners to get to market as smoothly as possible. This will include developer portal, documentation and example code/SDKs. You will help the company understand what good looks like in terms of developer experience and API design and build out a solution and roadmap in conjunction with the technology team.
You must be able to show how you have delivered an API programme to market.Requirement Definition and Delivery:
The Product Manager will define high-level requirements that enable the Technology organisation to understand what is needed to build the APIs as well as the associated objectives and goals. The Product Manager will act as the product owner for the development teams, helping them resolve problems and prioritise issues. The Product Manager is responsible to align with Account Management, Marketing and Implementation teams to ensure our APIs are adopted successfully by our customers and partners. They will be responsible for measuring and reporting against the goals and objectives and define new plans to improve performance over time. Manage Partners:
The Product Manager will help define which partners we need to work with to bring their API vision to market and manage those partners from a commercial and delivery perspective.Skills, Ability and Experience
- Have previously defined and delivered successful API programs to market
- Managed the evolution of an API through extension, versioning and deprecation
- Strong experience in defining developer propositions including Portals, Sandboxes and Documentation
- Strong understanding of REST API design
- Strong understanding of API security and delegation technologies
- Ability to understand complex problems quickly and a demonstrable track record of providing solutions for customers.
- Ability to work independently with little direction. Able to take high-level requests and break them down into actionable plans.
- Ability to influence without line management and gain the confidence of internal and external stakeholders quickly.
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of card processing, the lifecycle and players involved in card creation and transaction processing.
- Knowledge of the Fintech space and trends in the wider financial services industry. Aware of different fintech providers and what services they offer
- Good understanding of SOAP-based APIs