Corporate culture and guiding principles:
TP ICAP operates at the heart of the world's financial, energy and commodities markets.
We are professional intermediaries playing a pivotal role in the world's financial markets, covering FX, Rates, Credit, Equities, Energy & Commodities.
Globally, we are a leading provider of services to market participants, with execution via a range of regulated venues, covering a full spectrum of over-the-counter (OTC) asset classes. Matching buyers and sellers, we facilitate the development of liquidity and price discovery in these markets and provide insight and context to our clients. We operate a hybrid model where brokers provide business-critical intelligence to clients. It's supplemented by proprietary screens for historical data, analytics and execution functionality.
Our clients include banks, insurance companies, pension and hedge funds, asset managers, energy producers and refiners, as well as risk and compliance managers and charities.
We are known in the market for our Honesty, Integrity and Excellence in the provision of service to our clients. Above all else, we Respect our clients and each other, without bias. Employees are expected to uphold the values and principles of our cultural framework in performance of their job duties.
Experienced React developers required to join a growing team to begin work on a new web application for one of the organisations leading order management systems. As a front end developer, you will be required to design and develop the web application with React and Redux working alongside back end teams with the supporting micro service architecture.
• Be one of the very first developers to join a new team, working on a greenfield project to web enable the current trading platform
• Work closely with some seasoned developers and together build the next version of the application UI
• Opportunity to involved with and influence technical decisions in a dynamic working environment.
• Using the latest versions of React and Ant design develop innovative UI's for a world class trading application
• Be involved in the full SDLC from helping to refine requirements and user stories, through design and development, automated testing and CI to deployment into Amazon AWS.
• For Senior roles:
o Experience in working with application design and back end teams to meet requirements and deadlines.
o Opportunity to work across application tiers and supporting micro services.
Ensure that you understand the risks and controls on your department; what could go wrong, what controls you have to prevent/detect or contain these.
All staff have defined risk management responsibilities. The Group imposes additional responsibilities on line-managers and senior managers. It is critical that all staff discharge their risk management responsibilities when undertaking their role. Specific responsibilities are incorporated into employee objectives, and your performance against these objectives will be assessed as part of the firm's performance management process. You will also be required to confirm that you have discharged your risk management responsibilities through the annual risk management attestation process.
• An understanding of web technologies, in particular http, web-services and RESTful APIs.
• Commercial experience developing SPA/Progressive web apps with React and Redux
• Understanding of authentication with tokens.
• Working with JSON documents and serialisation of data types
• .NET and C# with Microsoft Visual Studio
• Software testing with TDD techniques - unit and system testing
• Experience with Continuous integration and continuous deployment CI/CD •
Exposure to agile methodologies like Scrum or KanbanSkills
• Enterprise messaging experience of any of the following or similar technology TibCo, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Solace, Kafka, JMS, NServiceBus
• Experience with distributed systems and microservice-based architecture using DDD, CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns.
• Experience using Ant Design and Ag-Grid React UI Libraries
• Experience with BDD using Specflow and Gherkin
• Web testing using Selenium
• Unit testing with MS Test Nunit / XUnit and TDD techniques
• Working knowledge of source control tools Git or Mercurial
• Exposure to Amazon AWS Cloud
• Open to innovative ideas/ experiences and ability to create new ideas, approaches or insights
• Seeks opportunities for improvements
• Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity
Dynamic & Competitive
• Demonstrates high levels of energy in seeking out and achieving new goals
• Goes that "extra mile"
• Is a self-starter
• Shows evidence of being comfortable working in fast paced or pressured environments
• Enjoys a challenge and is able to escalate
• Does not give up easily
Open & Communicative
• Adapts communication style to suit audience
• Projects personal credibility
• Interacts confidently without being overbearing
• Ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment
• Keeps emotions under control in difficult situations
• Handles criticism constructively
• Able to demonstrate honesty, integrity and professionalism
• Promotes loyalty to TP ICAP and its principles
• Works ethically and shows respect for both professional and company values
• Excellent attention to detail, highly organised with a proactive approach
• Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills