Home Emergency Assist is an innovative provider of domestic emergency services for UK residential customers, providing a range of covers for boiler and central heating, plumbing and drainage, gas and electrics as well as multi-appliance insurance. Established in 2013, the company has grown rapidly through direct-to-consumer sales and is now entering a new phase of development through online sales and servicing, and by developing technology-driven solutions.
The company prides itself on its "Excellent" Trustpilot rating. The culture is highly entrepreneurial, with the three founding directors taking an active day-to-day part in the running and direction of the organisation.The Role
We are looking for a versatile front-end developer to join our technology team on a full-time basis. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and debugging responsive web and mobile applications for the company. You will be able to translate user and business needs into functional frontend design. You will join a small team of highly skilled individuals and play a key role developing a varied range of applications, primarily working on greenfield projects as the company looks to technology to enable its next phase of growth.
If you're excited to join a growing company with excellent professional and lifestyle values, we would love to hear from you!Key Responsibilities
Skills and ExperienceEssential:
- Work with the CTO, business stakeholders and other team members to translate concepts and requirements into technical plans;
- Design software solutions meeting functional and non-functional requirements;
- Develop high-quality product and test code, following best practices for maintainability, testability and performance;
- Maintain and support our digital applications through their full lifecycle;
- Contribute to our collaborative development processes: we have an agile working environment with an open-door policy for new ideas and implementations;
- Support other team members on other initiatives as appropriate;
- Designing, developing, and testing UI for mobile and web applications;
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Accurately translate user and business needs into functional frontend code.
- Extensive experience building responsive single-page applications;
- Strong skills in Angular 6+ and TypeScript (experience with other frameworks/libraries will be also considered);
- Experience with RESTful and GraphQL API's, and ideally with headless CMS platforms
- Strong appreciation of UX principles and high attention to detail with regards to UI implementations;
- Pragmatic passion for software engineering best practices: object-oriented programming, SOLID principles, front-end design patterns (Redux/NgRx), secure development, version control, pull requests, CI/CD, test automation (unit testing with Karma/Jasmine, end-to-end testing e.g. with Cypress or Selenium);
- Ability to work autonomously whilst being a strong team player with great communications skills;
- Ability to work with ambiguous and changing requirements;
- Ability to learn quickly and stay abreast of latest technology trends;
- High productivity, ability to multitask efficiently across projects and technical domains;
- 2+ years' experience in frontend development.
Salary / Package
- SEO/web analytics: experience with Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Optimize;
- Experience integrating with payment processing platforms (e.g. Stripe, PayPal);
- Experience developing hybrid web apps (e.g. Flutter), PWA's or native mobile apps;
- Experience with Azure DevOps (incl. Git, pipelines), and with build tools such as Webpack, Gulp, Grunt;
- Experience with C# .NET Core backend development;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science.
This is position is based in Bournemouth, though flexible working arrangements may be possible.
- Basic salary: circa £45k D.O.E.
- 25 days annual leave
- Company pension contribution