Innovative. Customer Focused. Agile. Open and Engaging. Entrepreneurial.
These are our key attitudes and the way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about the Multi Skilled Engineer
opportunity. How you will utilise your expertise
As a Multi Skilled Engineer you will; provide general and preventative maintenance, as well as installation, modification, repair and proactive fault finding of all equipment and systems at our state of the art Eggborough site
In this role we expect you to;
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Complete all preventative and general maintenance work on site on time, maintaining all equipment to the manufacturer's recommendations, and ensuring all records are completed and always up to date.
- Keep unplanned downtime related to mechanical and/or electrical failures to a minimum.
- Deal with unscheduled and emergency maintenance work and breakdowns.
- Be proactive in identifying issues, predicting, detecting, and diagnosing potential and existing electrical and mechanical problems on all equipment
- Ensure all breakdowns are reported and recorded to failure mode level
- Install or modify all existing equipment on site as and when required
- Train and provide guidance to Engineers and Operators as required
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. In addition to the five Saint-Gobain attitudes we shared at the start, suitability for the role is always key; does the following criteria sound like you?
To be suitable for the Multi Skilled Engineer role you will have:
Who are Saint-Gobain?
- Experience of automated electro mechanical servo motion and robotics in fast moving plants and machinery
- Experience of working in a continuous manufacturing process environment using TPM and other preventative maintenance systems
- A recognised electrical and/or mechanical engineering qualification
- Electrically - your experience must include three phase, inverters, control panels, sensors and experience of Fault Finding PLC Siemens S7 controlled machinery; Systems knowledge would also be an advantage
- Mechanically - you will be required to have hands-on mechanical experience working with hydraulics, pumps, gearboxes, and valves
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first - the production of glass on an industrial scale. We have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employ 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of the most well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with Celotex - this is one of more than 30 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you will be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times. Do you want to be part of this exciting company? Click apply, we would love to hear from you.