Would you be interested in joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of engineers who specialise in Open Source Cloud Engineering at an enterprise-scale?
Do you want to widen and deepen your Java and cloud-focused technical expertise by utilising a variety of Open Source and proprietary technologies?
Do you hold a current SC Clearance?
If yes to all three, this opportunity is for you!
You will be a senior member of the engineering team bringing a mix of architecture skills, leadership and hands-on development (expect at least 70% hands-on delivery). You will be designing and developing some of the most innovative software solutions available for clients across the Public Sector. You'll develop both client and server-side software following recognised standards and patterns. With a demonstrable Agile mind-set and technical leadership, you'll have ample opportunity to illustrate your love of development and passion for technology. Your main area of expertise will be in Java, JVM and Cloud related technologies but you will also bring to the table other related experience.What you'll do:
Experience you'll bring:
- Work as part of Agile teams of developers, analysts and testers to successfully deliver business and supporting solutions for our clients.
- Shape solutions & define architecture
- Work on some of the most bleeding-edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today
- Use your wide range of skills on delivery engagements for clients with responsibility for the specification, development and leadership of the implementation of complex multi-tier Applications
- Enhance existing applications due to changing customer needs and requirements
- Excellent knowledge of Java and core open source technologies and frameworks; experience of building scalable, resilient applications
- Demonstrable experience on AWS, Azure of GCP - ideally holding relevant certifications
- Core XP practices of TDD, Pair Programming, and Continuous Integration
- Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes
- Demonstrable experience in one or more technology stacks, e.g. Spring (e.g. Core, MVC, Data, Boot/Cloud), Integration Technologies (Spring Integration, Apache Camel, REST, Messaging), Spring Framework 5 (preferably with experience of Spring Boot, Spring Integration, Spring Batch, Hystrix)
- Experience of Websphere (or experience with alternative JEE App servers e.g. JBoss, Glassfish)
- Bitbucket (or alternative GIT repositories e.g. GitHub, GitLab)
- Jenkins (or alternative CICD e.g. TeamCity, Bamboo, Drone)
- Working in collaborative teams
All applicants need to hold valid UK SC security clearance and be willing to be mobile across the UK
- Successfully delivering performant, scalable and long-transactional digital services in complex and highly regulatory environments
- Building asynchronous microservices with RESTful APIs
- Automated testing with Junit and Mockito
- JIRA / Confluence