Havas are looking for a Performance planner, who has a passion for unlocking the truth behind what drives genuine growth for our client's businesses. This is a senior, client facing role and the right candidate must have the gravitas to inspire trust and confidence from senior clients, to allow them to set the agenda and follow it through.
This role requires someone who has a broad experience of clients, industry sectors and channels and can bring that wealth of experience into the way they think about how to grow a client's business. Having worked closely with data, analytics and Econometrics teams in the past is a must and the right candidate will demonstrate that they are up to speed with the latest industry research on effectiveness.
This role is about "Performance" in the broadest sense, spanning Brand and Response and online and offline but a strong digital performance experience is essential with the ability to think about how to translate these principles to offline. This role is about a way of thinking that challenges convention and strives to get to the truth and inspires others to do the same. Crucially we are looking for someone who has a strong opinion on what drives success and how to take that opinion and turn it into an actionable approach at an agency and client level.
We need someone who is focused on delivering a Performance approach, to keep our client in a market leading position, in a highly competitive and fast-moving market. The successful candidate will work as a key business partner, reviewing their business goals and performance and translating their ambitions into a Performance approach which will deliver business success.
This is reflected in the behaviours and responsibilities for this role.Behaviours
Intensely curious - The desire to dive into the data and discover the patterns that drive the hypotheses behind discovering not just "what" is happening but "why" it is happening and not just settling for the easy, obvious or widely accepted answer.
Collaborative - This is a pivotal role which sits within planning, working very closely with channel specialists, data and analytics and strategy teams. They will need to bring together the planning and data communities to help uncover and understand the causes and issues behind business performance and help inspire new ways to get to the solutions.
Evangelical - A passion for Performance in the broadest sense of the word and the ability and willingness to develop ideas and spread them both internally and externally, writing thought pieces and speaking at industry events. Someone who will inspire our teams to develop the same curiosity and desire to really get under the skin of what will drive our client's success.
Brave - The client is a large organisation with multiple teams that do not always communicate and a senior leadership that is not always aware of what is going on at ground level. This role needs to ensure they are leading the client teams in the right direction, that projects are being moved forward and big questions are being answered promptly and that the Senior team is being communicated with regularly and kept up to speed with Performance updates. Challenging accepted ways of working and opinions is not always easy and sometimes difficult conversations need to be had. This means that the role requires someone with diplomacy, who can have these conversations with the right level of respect and understanding.Overall responsibility for the development of a Strategic approach to driving Performance led thinking and for delivering that approach.
- Be the point person and go to colleague for the Head of Performance Marketing.
- Be highly visible to clients to a very Senior level, bringing them on the journey to improve business results.
- Management and development of the Performance approach and ensuring that the planning and channel teams understand how to plan and activate in line with the overall approach.
- Bringing the idea of Performance out of the digital channel mindset and ensuring that the principles and practices are being deployed across all channels and activity and working with the Mx Partner and broader team to ensure this is happening.
- Educating the teams on the need to focus on how what they do impacts Business outcomes and ensuring that the media outcomes they talk about and focus on are linked to those business outcomes.
- Develop a test and learn agenda that consistently looks to deliver improved performance and uncover new opportunities and learning.
- Working with Channel leads to ensure roadmaps are in place to consistently develop channel approaches, ensuring that testing roadmaps are in place and new opportunities are being realised to drive performance.
- Work collaboratively with the client leadership team to drive the overall strategic relationship with client
- Work with the analytics and data teams to ensure that we are leveraging the data available and constantly looking at how to turn the data in to information and the information into insight, that can drive our planning forward.
- Ensure a strong reporting structure is in place, at the appropriate times and with the right level of detail and insight.
- Enable the democratisation of data and reporting, ensuring all teams have access to the right reports and are using them to understand how the business is performing and how they are contributing.
- Work with the Mx Partner to develop templates for all client facing documents at the right level e.g. Response to Brief, Media planning rationale, reports and commentary and PCAs. To ensure that they are consistently performance focused and driving insight and next steps.
- Ensure presence at briefing stage and ensuring briefs contain the right information from a broader Performance planning perspective. If they don't, then ensure the teams are challenging the briefs.
- Build relationships with creative/ content stakeholders to ensure that we are also looking at how the Performance and Effectiveness of creative, content and messaging is being measured and judged.
- Managing and developing the Mx Associate Performance Directors reporting into them and ensuring that they are being challenged and have the right training and mentoring to excel and progress.
- Experience working across clients that have had a strong Performance and Effectiveness agenda
- Experience of working across brand and performance activities and bringing these areas together for a holistic view of how media contributes to business growth.
- Development and/or heavy involvement in the development of reporting tools, demonstrating how insight can be derived and clearly communicated for next steps.
- Strong digital experience is key with evidence of challenging the traditional roles and media focused metrics and benchmarks, traditionally used in these channels.
- Broader media channel planning knowledge would be a bonus with a top line understanding of how the channels work and what they contribute to campaigns.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of measurement methodologies, how they work and where they are appropriate e.g. Multi Touch Attribution and Econometrics.
- Demonstrate the creation and delivery of a Performance and Effectiveness Strategy
- A strong communicator both written and oral.
Unfortunately, given the current pandemic we envisage a high volume of applications and we will be unable to directly respond to all candidates if they have not been considered for the position.