Asura Financial Technologies Limited
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a dynamic organisation who are providing leading edge and pioneering software to the financial markets. The team at Asura is relatively young, they are however highly experienced and passionate about doing business the 'right way'. The belief and motivation within the business to transform the existing marketplace creates a unique working environment. Our team all benefit from a culture that seeks to support and develop people, communication is open and positive and hard work is recognized and rewarded. Career growth is a definite option for those that want to develop professionally. We promote a flat 'No Ego' zone in the office to ensure that the dynamic is open, and everyone is able to voice opinions without risk of negative responses.
As a Software Engineer, you will have the fundamental knowledge required to work closely with more senior team members on projects for our clients. You will be able to work unaided on projects as set by the CEO. Working with occasional oversight from the CEO will allow you to ask questions and increase your knowledge where required.
This role will offer the right candidate the ability to progress their career and work towards a senior management role within Asura.
Asura is a young business that is due to grow exponentially over the coming few years. Scaling up small businesses is hard; the success is largely attributable to the team members contributing individually and collectively. The core personal attributes required by Asura for all new team members are:
- Passion - Being driven to do a good job, ensuring what you do counts to the firm's success, giving 100% commitment to the task at hand.
- Flexibility - Being willing to go the extra mile, work above and beyond whether on a personal task or helping the team.
- Work Ethic - with a small growing team what each of us does counts. Delivering continuous reliable support is a primary factor in evidencing your work ethic and commitment.
Experience / Skills
- 2:1 or above Computer Science Degree (Essential)
- Alternatively - candidates that have completed courses provided by others will be reviewed
- 3+ years software development experience (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of Vue.js (Essential), Typescript (Preferred), Nuxt Framework (Preferred)
- Knowledge of the Financial Sector (Preferred)
Main Activities / Responsibilities
- Build software from a specification provided by CEO
- Best practice development for financial technology
- Attend training courses as set by Asura (where required)
- High level development tasks as set and overseen by the CEO
- Take ownership of projects and manage the junior members of the development team
- Attend client site (where required)