Assessor in Health and Social CareLocation: Newcastle-under-Lyme College Salary: £20,166 - £29,051 per annum
In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted's recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College's provision and acknowledged NSCG's 'positive, stimulating and safe learning environment', 'highly motivated staff', and 'learners' exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning'. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Workforce Development team in delivering and assessing on our thriving portfolio as well as developing, maintaining and account managing relationships with our local employers.
As well as being a qualified Assessor with substantial work experience in your subject area (in particular, a healthcare background would be advantageous), you will be experienced at using current assessment procedures and be able to assess up to Level 5 in the subjects identified.
You will be part of a pro-active, dynamic yet friendly team of assessors/trainers who seek to combine a speedy achievement for our employers with a quality product for our candidates.
You will need to have access to your own suitable transport to be able to visit clients across the Staffordshire region.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience
- To develop, maintain and account manage relationships with local employers who express an interest in work-related programmes.
- To screen all such potential employers to ensure they have a clear understanding of the obligations in respect of beneficiaries and at the same time complete appropriate paperwork.
- To ensure that all employers are able to offer sufficient opportunities for apprentices to develop their skills and demonstrate their competency in all areas.
- To take an active part in the recruitment of new apprentices through contact with local employers.
- To delivery high quality apprenticeships by assessing candidates in the workplace and delivering training to support achievement.
What's in it for you
- Holds or willing to work towards appropriate assessor's qualifications A1 or Level 3 TAQA
- holds or is willing to work towards a recognised teaching qualification - PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS and/ or Internal Verification qualification - V1 or Level 4 TAQA
- Experience and/or holds a degree or other relevant qualification in appropriate subject
- Able to communicate effectively and have the ability to deal successfully with all levels of management, apprentices, tutors and employers.
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 following 5 years' service (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period).
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Assessor in Health & Social Care please go to jobs and click on 'Apply' to complete an online application form.The closing date for completed applications is 4th October 2020Interview date 12th October 2020