User Researcher| York| 3 Months| £450 Per Day (Inside IR35) Your new company
Our government sector client is looking for a User Researcher to join their team on a busy portfolio.Your new role
What you will need to demonstrate:
- Plan, design and prepare a range of user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of a project or programme.
- Carry out a wide range of user research activities from recruiting participants, preparing discussion guides and moderating research sessions.
- Lead colleagues to analyse research data and synthesise clear and actionable findings, including working closely with analytics colleagues to create a rich picture of user behaviour.
- Communicate user research findings to help the team and wider organisation develop a deep understanding of users and their needs.
- Work closely with product managers, designers and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features.
- Build user centred practices in an agile multi-disciplinary team.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of managing, executing and analysing research session
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and passion for, user-centred design practices for both public facing and internal services
- Proven experience of eliciting user needs for products and services
- Experience of working in an Agile environment with designers and developers to create new digital products and services
- In depth knowledge of a broad range research methodologies and when to use them
What you'll get in return
- Experience of researching with socially excluded groups and people with access needs
- Experience across devices: desktop, tablet and mobile, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journey
- Knowledge of GOV.UK and the Government Service Standard
- A degree in HCI, cognitive psychology, market research or a related field
What you need to do now
- 3 Month contract
- £450 (Inside IR35)
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.