Assistant ManagerLocation: BathPermanent full time position (40 hours)
As an Assistant Store Manager we will need you to be a great at getting the best out of your team. You will work very closely with your Store Manager to lead by example, inspiring your team to deliver the best service to our customers.
You will deputise for your Store Manager on their days off, and work side-by-side during the busy periods.
Working as an Assistant Store Manager for The Works is a great experience that will prepare you for even bigger challenges. We recognise that you are our future Store Managers and beyond... We will actively develop your skills and personal development, as well as offering a real career progression supported by our excellent in-house training team.
We are extremely proud of our position in the marketplace and we know our success comes from our people, you will be at the heart of your store, making a difference to your team.
Main duties and key responsibilities of our Assistant Store Managers:
- Working closely with your Store Manager to achieve the highest sales and profitability possible in your store.
- Make sure your team work well together and they are known by customers for their outstanding customer service.
- Managing and receiving deliveries, often during trading hours with limited stock room space.
- Strive to minimise costs, reduce waste and safeguard stock whilst complying with the Company price and promotional changes.
- Identify and coach your team to be the best performers that they can be.
- Have enthusiasm for the products in store including Books, Stationery, Arts & Crafts, and be able to share your interest with your sales team and customers!
- Finally...manage the responsibility for your store when your Store Manager is not working.
What we want from you:
- Previous supervisory experience
- To be enthusiastic and want to create a fun place to shop.
- Be dynamic in your approach to working - no 2 days are the same.
- Be creative - you will have a lot of autonomy with the Store Manager to merchandise your store and demonstrate products to your customers.
- To be dedicated to improve on what we currently do. We appreciate that at all levels our employees bring with them some amazing ideas.
- Finally, a passion for what we sell, including books, stationery, toys, arts & crafts, plus many more is going to be a plus point for you!
What you can expect from us:
About The Works:
- Excellent on the job training.
- 25% discount off all of our products!
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Career progression.
- Life Assurance.
We are very proud to be a Sunday Times 2020 Top 25 "Best Big Companies" to work for.
At The Works, we are a family! Our stores are fun to be in and jam packed with great products that our customers love...and so do we! Our mission is to offer customers a unique and enjoyable shopping experience, built on our core principles of value, variety and quality.