Next are looking for a Data Engineer to join our expanding Data functions team here within the wider Online Marketing department. We are looking for an experienced SAS Engineer witht he primary focus being choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, implementing and maintaining them whilst integrating them within the Data Science team.
You'll be working closely within our Marketing Analytics team consisting of Insight Analysts and Data Scientists specifically to process user code and assist with coding efficiencies within a cloud based environment.
This is a brilliant opportunity and the role would best suit someone with a strong SAS background handling Big Data alongside a good understanding in cloud based environments.About the Role
- Use cloud based platforms to host data and applications, selecting and integrating Big Data tools and frameworks required.
- Work with data scientists to create applications to visualise, analyse and model big data in new ways.
- Manage and Implement ETL process.
- Processing user code checking for quality and efficiencies, reducing overlap of code.
- Monitor performance and advise any necessary infrastructure changes.
- Defining, creating and managing data retention policies.
- Support Data scientists in the use of new systems and database structures, through the use of best practise in code structure and efficiencies.
- Improve the quality of data through in depth investigations.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other relevant field.
- 3 years SAS experience including the use of: Base SAS/SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS DI Studio with a good SQL background.
- Experience in a cloud based environment including and understanding of distributed computing principles.
- Ability to understand Data Warehousing, Data Modelling and ETL Development.
- Experience writing complex queries on multiple data sources.
- Be able to optimise user code in an automated fashion.
- Knowledge of Hive and Hadoop.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or other relevant field.
- Experience using Databricks, Hadoop and Spark (including configuration settings).
- Experience using SAS Management Console, SAS Viya and SAS Enterprise Miner.